Dramatic Beaded Chain Dangle Choker
Bring a bit of drama to your evening ensemble with this Dramatic Beaded Chain Dangle Choker. Learn how to make necklaces with a mix of cascading chain and beads for a bit of edginess and femininity in one. On-trend beading projects like this mean you never have to shop at the mall again! This necklace design has such a "wow" effect but is made using such simple jewelry-making techniques. Watch and see!
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Bead Project TypeNecklace
- 10 beads
- 10 decorative head pins
- 10-20 spacer beads
- 20 jump rings
- 18-inch piece of chain for necklace
- lobster clasp
- 21 inches chain for dangles
- chain nose pliers
- round nose pliers
- wire cutters
- Cut 21-inch piece of chain into four 2-inch pieces, four 2 ½-inch pieces, and one 3-inch piece.
- Arrange beads and spacer beads on 10 decorative head pins in pattern of your choice.
- To make each head pin into a dangle, use chain nose pliers to grasp wire just at point where it exits last bead. Bend wire at 90-degree angle.
- Grasp bend with round nose pliers and wrap wire around pliers as far as possible to start to make a loop. Reposition pliers to finish loop.
- Use wire cutters to trim wire where it crosses beginning of loop.
- Arrange lengths of chain in this pattern: 2”-2”-2 ½”-2 ½”-3”-2 ½”- 2 ½”-2”-2”
- Arrange bead dangles between lengths of chain, beginning and ending with a bead dangle.
- Attach bead dangles and lengths of chain to necklace chain with jump rings.
- Attach a clasp with a jump ring to one end of chain.
Read NextDIY Opal Clay Pendant