Pearl Blay, The Beading Gem
We are adding the project to your Jewelry Box.
The project was added to your Jewelry Box.
You could say Pearl Blay was born to make jewelry! That's why she is known as the Beading Gem. Pearl is a scientist, jewelry designer and instructor and blogger all rolled into one.
After years of doing various crafts, she finally found her creative home in jewelry making. She first started with bead work but like a kid in a candy store, soon explored other wonderful branches of her chosen craft - like chain maille and wire work.
She started sharing her passion, and occasionally passing on her bead addiction at beginner workshops for local beaders. Her journey as a jewelry designer continues in her unique jewelry blog, The Beading Gem's Journal where she shares not just the tutorials she has written but many free tutorials she discovers online.
The blog also includes beginner designs, inspiring feature designers, truly unusual jewelry, trend reports and all sorts of tips for both amateur and artisan alike. Her readers delight in her entertaining historical and informative articles which are always jewelry related. Pearl's other interests are varied - science, history,writing, books, gardening - and her blog reflects them all. It's multifaceted just like gemstones!
Pearl's Projects on AllFreeJewelryMaking:
- 3-Hole Connector Pendant
- Byzantine and Box Chain Maille Tutorial
- Crystal Embellished Wire Wrapped Bracelet
- DIY Rhinestone Cross Bracelet
- Easy Stacked Riveted Earrings
- Easy Wire Flower Earrings Using a Loom
- Framed Dia Beaded Earrings
- Hard and Soft Mixed Media Bracelet
- How to Color Resin
- How to Make a Beaded Toggle Clasp
- How to Make a Scarf Ring
- How to Make All-in-One Headpin Earrings
- How to Make All in One Shank Button Earrings
- How to Make and Wire Wrap a Dandelion Cabochon Pendant
- How to Make Elfish Ear Wires
- How to Make a Floating Butterfly Resin Bracelet
- How to Make Real Flower Jewelry
- How to Make Recycled Jewelry from a Leather Belt
- How to Make Simple Ear Wires
- How to Use Bail Forming Pliers
- Kazuri Bead and Wire Pendant Tutorial
- Make Triangular Wire Jewelry
- Precious Heart Button Rings
- Polished Pendant DIY Necklace
- Purple Pip Bead Earrings
- Red Triple Rod Earrings
- Remarkable Resin DIY Earrings
- Resin DIY Earrings with Custom Wire Bails
- Resin Gemstone Wire Wrapped Earrings
- Resin Rings with Metal Flakes
- Seed Bead Wire Wrapped Bracelet
- Snowflake Resin Jewelry Tutorial
- Sparkling Crystal Button Rings
- Stamped Leather Bracelet
- Translucent Printed Resin DIY Jewelry
- Twisted Wire and Flower Pendant
- Wire Vase Pendant Tutorial
- Wire Wrapped Dia Beads Earrings
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
- Julia Ann Cain, Oh Julia Ann
- Erin Pruckno, Thanks, I Made It
- Beverly McCullough, Flamingo Toes
- Deborah Roberti, Around the Beading Table
- Jennifer and Kitty O'Neil, Running with Sisters
- Gloria Uhler, Domestic Diva
- Vicki O'Dell, The Creative Goddess
- Sandra D. Halpenny
- Adrianne Surian, Happy Hour Projects
- Zoraida Bros, Art-Z Jewelry
- 10 DIY Earrings, Chain Earrings, Metal Earrings, Wire Earrings, and More
- 12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening
- DIY Jewelry That Sparkles: 10 Crystal Jewelry Patterns!
- Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets
- How to Make a Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas
- How to Make a Ring: 9 Dazzling DIY Rings You'll Love
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!
- Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects
- Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts: 8 Free Jewelry Making Tutorials
- Upcycled Jewelry: 14 DIY Projects from Recycled Materials