Enchanting Emerald Earrings
Emeralds are beautiful gemstones that can be turned into truly gorgeous DIY jewelry. These Enchanting Emerald Earrings are a great example of how stunning even a simple pair of earrings featuring this gemstone can be. Learn how to make homemade earrings with this step-by-step tutorial, and start adding this alluring green hue into your jewelry collection. Emerald is traditionally the birthstone for May birthdays, but this beautiful gemstone is stylish and elegant for all months of the year. Your friends will be green with envy over these gorgeous DIY earrings.
Project Type: Make a Project
Bead Type: Gemstone
Time to complete: Under an hour
Bead Technique Used: Strung
Bead Project Type: Earrings
Difficulty Level: Easy
- 2x 2 1/2" 16 gauge wire
- 6 crystals 8mm rondelle
- Nose Pliers
- Chasing Hammer
- Steel Bench Block
(you can use a regular hammer and pliers, the concrete floor should also work as a working surface - just make sure you have some newspaper underneath, so you don't engrave the rough texture of your concrete into your earwire while hammering...)
1. Hammer carefully one end of your earwire, about 8-10mm into the wire.
2. Add 3 crystals to your wire.
3. Use the end of your pliers to bend the ear wire, you can also use a round pen (if it has a rubber-covered area you want to use that, it will help you keep the earwire stable). The pen or pliers end shouldn't be thicker than 9-10mm.
4. Bend the wire downwards until you have a U-shaped earwire.
5. With your nose pliers bend 5mm from the end of your earwire outwards.
6. Now simply adjust your earwire by bending carefully toward the inside.