Crackle Cabochon Jewelry
If you are looking for an unique and gorgeous DIY bracelet to make, then a Crackle Cabochon Jewelry piece is just what you are looking for. This one-of-a-kind DIY jewelry project teaches you how to make a bracelet using memory wire and Gemocite Cabochons. You will love the bracelet you make so much and you will never want to take it off. In fact, you can share this beautiful Prima Bead jewelry making idea with your daughters by making one for them too. They will love it just as much as you will, since this bracelet is both fun and sophisticated looking.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Bead Technique UsedChainmail/Wirework
Bead Project TypeBracelet
- Gold Flat Bracelet Memory Wire (x1)
- Gold Flat Memory Wire Ends (x1)
- Gold Flat Memory Wire Round Bezels (x1)
- Gold 24 Gauge Wire (x1)
- Quick Hold® & E6000® Mini Tubes (x1)
1. Apply dabs of Quick Hold® glue to a set of round bezels and attach them to the back of an oval cabochon. Do not let the glue seep through the opening for the flat memory wire, otherwise, once the glue dries it won’t allow the wire to fit. Repeat this step for the remaining two cabochons.
2. Allow the glue to dry completely before continuing the bracelet.
3. Cut (2) single coils of bracelet memory wire.
4. Slide each cabochon onto the set of wires and position them at the center.
5. Cut a 48” length of gauge wire.
6. Coil the wire onto the memory wire to the inner side of the end cabochon bezel. Coil the wire approximately (5) loops and press the coil snug. Bring the wire over the back side of the bezel and continue to coil it onto the memory wire.
7. Coil the wire up to the bezel of the center cabochon. The sample has 1/2” of coil between each bezel. Bring the wire over the back side of the bezel and continue the coil. Repeat this step until the wire is coiled into (5) loops after the last cabochon.
8. Repeat steps 5-7 to secure the second memory wire section.
9. Size the bracelet and trim 1/2” off the total size needed for each memory wire length.
10. Using E6000®, adhere the wire ends to the memory wire and allow the adhesive to dry thoroughly.
If you like this project, be sure to download the free eBook, 13 Free Jewelry Patterns From Prima Bead, that it appears in!
Read NextArchipelago Memory Wire Bracelet