Shared Hearts Bracelet and Earrings
If you are looking for DIY jewelry pieces with hearts, then this Shared Hearts Bracelet and Earrings tutorial is just for you. This free DIY jewelry tutorial not only shows you how to make bracelets, but also how to make earrings that match the beautiful bracelets. Both the DIY earrings and the bracelet are perfect for every season and for any occasion. They are simple in their silver base and small, deep red beads, but intricate in their heart bead's design. In fact, they have a perfect balance between simplicity and boldness.
Project TypeMake a Project
Bead TypeCrystal, Pearl, Miscellaneous
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Bead Technique UsedChainmail/Wirework
Bead Project TypeBracelet, Earrings
- 145pc Starter Pack Silver (x1)
- 5pc Silver Deco Heart (x1)
- 100 in/254cm Silver Small Curb Chain (x1)
- 101 pc 6mm Pearl/Crystal Mix Red (x1)
- 40’ .3mm 7-Strand Bead Wire- Silver (x1)
- Needle Nose Pliers
- Round Nose Pliers
- Crimping Pliers
Techniques to Know:
- Forming a Loop
- Opening Jump Rings
- Cutting Chains
Instructions for Bracelet:
1. Cut (10) 2 1/8” lengths of silver chain. Approx. 27 links each.
2. Take (5) lengths of the chain and connect each group of ends with a 2mm jump ring, then repeat with the other (5) lengths of chain.
3. Connect a 4mm jump ring to one side of each grouping of chains (this will be where you connect the toggle clasps).
4. Using the 4mm jump rings you just attached to the chain groups, connect the two ends of your toggle clasps.
5. Moving onto the center of the bracelet. Begin by cutting a 4” strand of beading wire.
6. Crimp a small loop into one end of the wire, leaving about 1” on one side and 3 inches on the other.
7. Thread the beads in this order onto the wire: bicone, heart, pearl, heart, bicone.
8. Close the other end of the wire into a loop using a crimp bead. (If you leave enough extra wire to feed back through the heart it will be easier to pull the wire and form a tighter loop).
9. Finally, connect either end of your hearts to the 2mm jump rings on the ends of your pieces from steps 1-4.
Instructions for Earrings:
1. Cut (10) 1 ¼” lengths of chain. Approx. 19 links each.
2. Thread (5) lengths of chain onto a 2mm jump ring.
3. Now connect the 2mm jump ring to the loop on an eye pin.
4. Thread a pearl and then a bicone onto the eye pin and create a loop on the end.
5. To make sure that your earrings hang correctly, you’ll need to connect a 2mm jump ring on the end of your eye pin before you connect the earring wires.
6. Now repeat steps 1-5 to make the matching earring.
If you like this project, be sure to download the free eBook, 13 Free Jewelry Patterns From Prima Bead, that it appears in!
Read NextDIY Glitter Stud Earrings
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters! Right now!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use