Cascading Chain Waterfall Necklace
Make a splash with this Cascading Chain Waterfall Necklace! This chic graduated design is multistrand jewelry like you've never seen it done. Follow along with this free jewelry making video to create one of your own!
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Bead Project TypeNecklace
- lengths of chain (dependent upon your neck size and desired look)
- jump rings
- round and flat nose pliers
*Note: My supplies came from a thrifted necklace that I disassembled. I added jump rings.
- Determine the length of chain desired to go around your neck. Open a jump ring and attach one end of the closure; then attach to one end of the neck chain. Use your pliers and close the jump ring. Repeat with the other closure end.
- Using a ruler or tape measure, cut your desired lengths of chain for the waterfall effect. I used a 4-inch length in the center, six lengths of 3 inches (three on each side of the center 4-inch length), and two lengths of 2 inches (used on either side).
- Using a small jump ring, slide one end of the waterfall chain onto it and then position it on the neck chain (starting in the center makes it easier to work with). Using your pliers, close the jump ring. Repeat for all lengths of waterfall chain.
- Wear and enjoy your statement necklace.
Read NextDIY Opal Clay Pendant