Frighteningly Fierce Halloween Jewelry: How to Wear Costume Jewelry All Year Round
Check out these tricks and treats on how to make your wicked Halloween jewelry more wearable!
We are adding the project to your Jewelry Box.
The project was added to your Jewelry Box.
Some might say Halloween jewelry is the most fun to craft and wear because you can be as creative as you would like with it. However, it can be especially challening to make your beloved piece of costume jewelry last for more than just one night of spooks and scares.
After putting all this effort and time into your DIY jewelry piece it is only natural that you will want to be able to wear as more than just holiday jewelry! That is why this collection of treats and tricks to making your DIY Halloween jewelry is essential for anybody who avidly participates in the oh-so-fun night of Hallows Eve.
This collection is going beyond simply crafting some fall jewelry that is wearable all year round though. These different tips for making jewelry specifically apply to the the DIY costume jewelry you put together to look absolutely fierce on Halloween. Now, you can look frighteningly fierce whenever you choose to wear your different homemade jewelry pieces.
Check out these spooky accessories to help amp up your costume! 34 Unique Halloween Jewelry Ideas
Tricks and Treats to Wearing Halloween Jewelry
Tips for Wearable Costume Jewelry
Maintain Your Festive Nature: First and foremost, don't give up having some fun handmade Halloween jewelry projects because you don't think you will be able to ever wear them again. This is all about balancing your festive nature with your DIY jewelry projects.
Swap out a couple of aspects of one project to make it less in-you-face-scary and more ghoulishly glamorous. There is nothing wrong with loving Halloween and being in the Halloween spirit; but, if you're looking to continuously wear your homemade jewelry projects, just tone down the theatrics a bit.
This super cute Halloween jewelry set is the perfect example of finding your perfect balance of wearable and spooktacular!
Make it Delicate: Delicate jewelry is perfect for wearing anytime and all the time. This next tip is all about adding a bit of delicacy to your grisly costume jewelry. You can find tons of jewelry making ideas that are chunky, bulky, or BAM scary, but you don't necessarily need to go all out in order to still create some gorgeous homemade jewelry.
By combining a sense of grace with your pick of a Halloween symbol, you can easily create beautiful and totally wearable Halloween jewelry. A good tip for starting off creating some of these is focusing on pendants or small charms, like this vampire pendant necklace, that can express your Halloween spirit.
For starting inspiration, take a peak at this very delicate skull chain bracelet!
Make Scary Pretty: This may seem a bit more on the obvious side, but it a fantastic trick nonetheless. The best way for you to make your Halloween jewelry wearable is to add elements of beauty to it. If you combine scary with pretty you will achieve that frighteningly fierce kind of look!
This tip is perfect for combining scary concepts like spiders and bugs and turning them into beautiful DIY jewelry crafts that everyone will want to get their hands on. A good starting point for this concept is to use gems or beads to bedazzle a bug or create a sparkly web. That way people are more awed by your dazzling jewelry than thinking it is out of season.
These adorable bejeweled cat ears can act as a great homemade jewelry project to get you started.
Rock it: Finally, the easiest trick and treat of all of these goodies is to simply be confident. If you want to wear spider queen necklace, then wear it with pride and confidence. No matter how or when you decide to wear your DIY jewelry just be confident in your abilities to pull it off. Don't over think your DIY jewelry projects, just craft them and have a good time doing it!
Anything you can make and then at some point or another wear out in public should be worn with pride no matter what season it is!
For more fun Halloween jewelry making ideas check out these super chic glass pendants!
Looking for some more inspiration for your Halloween costime? You're sure to find an idea or two in this collection: 140 Frighteningly Fabulous Halloween Jewelry Projects
What is your favorite Halloween jewelry piece to wear all year round?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
- How to Work With Memory Wire
- How to Drill Pebbles
- How to Organize Beads: 35 Bead Storage Tips and Tricks
- 25 Helpful Jewelry Making Tips for Beginners
- 5 Ways to Find Jewelry Projects on AllFreeJewelryMaking.com
- Kumihimo Tips and Tricks for Beginners
- How to Add a Clasp
- Master Your Beading Patterns: 3 Little Ways to Be a Better Beader
- How to Paint Your DIY Jewelry Pieces
- How to Clean Jewelry
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Wire Wrapped Swirl Statement Necklace
- Diy Sparkly Chandelier Earrings
- Teardrop Tree Of Life Pendant
- Gemstone Hoop Necklace
- Diy Pearl And Filigree Leather Earrings
- Red And Gold Valentine Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Pineapple Bracelet With Glass Beads
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Drop Glass Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Heart Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make A Wrapped Necklace
- 10 DIY Earrings, Chain Earrings, Metal Earrings, Wire Earrings, and More
- 12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening
- DIY Jewelry That Sparkles: 10 Crystal Jewelry Patterns!
- Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets
- How to Make a Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas
- How to Make a Ring: 9 Dazzling DIY Rings You'll Love
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!
- Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects
- Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts: 8 Free Jewelry Making Tutorials
- Upcycled Jewelry: 14 DIY Projects from Recycled Materials