Explore, Create, Resinate
We are adding the project to your Jewelry Box.
The project was added to your Jewelry Box.
Explore, Create, Resinate
By Jen Cushman
Reviewed by Michael Sellick
Let me tell you about the author, Jen Cushman. Can I say inspirational and fun? I've met Jen in person and boy was I in for a treat. I was so inspired by her creations that she so proudly wore on her body. Everything has a story associated to it and she is glad to share. She was wearing this gorgeous necklace with the most amazing coloured butterfly wing trapped within the ICE Resin. The wing wasn't perfect and a bit frayed, which, combined with an antique looking necklace, really set this jewelry piece off. Asking about where she had found the butterfly wing, she says her husband peeled it off of the car bumper. After a laugh or two, we got to the heart of the matter of recycling and really looking around us when it boils down to looking for inspiration.
Inside Jen's book is the most stunning photography I have ever seen. Close up shots, no beating around the bush leaving us to guess what she is doing. The pictures are so clear, it is easy to duplicate the steps she is talking about within the book. I'm all about tips and this book is stuffed with them.
What impressed me the most is that most authors, when they make a mistake or something didn't go right, they simply re-shoot the photography so they appear perfect. I love how Jen intentionally makes an error of having resin leaking out of control. If that happened to me, I would be devastated. What she has done is shown what will happen and how to resolve it. Essentially, the mistake is being shown for my benefit as it never occurred to me that I might make a spill.
Jen adds the most amazing touches of inspiration within this book. She shows us how to add in embellishments, glitter, paints and much more. This book inspires me to get my ICE Resin and get to work.
A word of caution, this process is really addictive and amazing. Whatever you do, ensure that pictures you use for burying in Resin are copyright free. For Example, if you have pictures of Micky Mouse and created Micky Mouse necklaces, that is a violation of Disney Copyrights and Disney doesn't take that lightly.
Overall, I loved this book. It's a great starter book for me to finally do some cool things when it comes to making really amazing trinkets, charms, and much more.
For a free pattern on Resin Rings, you have to see this gorgeous idea. It will get your creative juices flowing.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Morse Code Bracelet
- Darn Good Yarn DIY Jewelry Making Kit
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on Making Beautiful Bracelet with Glass Round Beads
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on How to Make Glass Beads Earrings
- Beebeecraft tutorials on How to Make Three Strings Pearl Beads Bracelet
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on Making Elegant Pearl Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on Making a Pair of Sweet Earrings
- Crochet Pendant Necklace
- Personalized Slap Bracelets
- Jade Lace Necklace Pattern
- 10 DIY Earrings, Chain Earrings, Metal Earrings, Wire Earrings, and More
- 12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening
- DIY Jewelry That Sparkles: 10 Crystal Jewelry Patterns!
- Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets
- How to Make a Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas
- How to Make a Ring: 9 Dazzling DIY Rings You'll Love
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!
- Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects
- Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts: 8 Free Jewelry Making Tutorials
- Upcycled Jewelry: 14 DIY Projects from Recycled Materials