Wire-Wrapped Jewelry Pocket Guide
We are adding the project to your Jewelry Box.
The project was added to your Jewelry Box.
Wire-Wrapped Jewelry Pocket Guide
Gifted by Leisure Arts
Reviewed by Laura Plack
With its introduction to basic techniques and its inspiring projects, this Wire-Wrapped Jewelry Pocket Guide from Leisure Arts is sure to get you fired up about about the creative possibilities of making your own wire-wrapped jewelry. This little laminated guide contains a bunch of information, from basic definitions to wire-wrapping techniques. Panels fold out accordion-style to teach you about wire jewelry supplies, jewelry basics, findings, beads, tools, and more. This reference guide also contains easy tutorials on how to use a wire jig, freeform wire, hammered wire, and wire wrapping.
Wire comes in many thicknesses, and these thicknesses are called gauges. This guide contains a helpful chart to help jewelry makers recognize various wire gauges. It also gives a very good overview of what findings are and short descriptions of a variety of bead types. Only a few tools, such as chain-nose pliers, round-nose pliers, and wire cutters, are needed to create wire-wrapped jewelry, and this reference guide provides useful definitions of and suggestions about those tools.
If you are looking to try making your own wire-wrapped jewelry, or would like a quick refresher to sharpen your jewelry making skills, this is a great tool for you. This handy reference guide is small enough to carry with you to the store while you pick out supplies. It also contains step-by-step instructions that make it easy-to-follow and thorough in its explanations of techniques. It is perfect tiny guide to have with you when you start your adventures in wire-wrapping. Making your own jewelry is such a treat, and learning how to make wire-wrapped jewelry has never been easier than with this delightful pocket guide.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
The Princess Beaded Bracelet Pattern is a truly regal piece, elegant yet understated, like the woman who wears it. It has a bit of… Continue reading: "Princess Beaded Bracelet Pattern"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Red And Gold Valentine Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Pineapple Bracelet With Glass Beads
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Drop Glass Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Heart Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make A Wrapped Necklace
- How To Use Donut Beads
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On Making Angle Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On Making Gemstone Beads Bangle
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On Making Red Pompon Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On Making A Pink Pearl Bracelet
- 10 DIY Earrings, Chain Earrings, Metal Earrings, Wire Earrings, and More
- 12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening
- DIY Jewelry That Sparkles: 10 Crystal Jewelry Patterns!
- Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets
- How to Make a Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas
- How to Make a Ring: 9 Dazzling DIY Rings You'll Love
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!
- Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects
- Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts: 8 Free Jewelry Making Tutorials
- Upcycled Jewelry: 14 DIY Projects from Recycled Materials