Memory Game Tile Into Fall Necklace
Want to make some quick and cute pendants? Make recycled jewelry with this Memory Game Tile Into Fall Necklace project! Use an old memory tile game you have at home or buy one at the dollar store. You'll have a cute new necklace in no time!
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Bead Technique UsedStrung
Bead Project TypeNecklace
- memory game
- paint and/or ink
- Punch out the chipboard squares of the memory game.
- Cut a piece of scrapbook paper to the same size as a memory game tile, and glue it to the front of the tile.
- Dab a tiny bit of paint on a cotton ball (I used metallic copper); then blot the cotton ball on a paper towel to remove most of the paint. Rub the blotted cotton ball lightly across the surface of the paper. If you use a textured paper, the paint will appear mostly on the higher parts of the texture.
- Give the pendant base an aged look by dabbing a cotton ball on a black or brown ink pad and applying it to parts of the paper.
- To embellish my pendant, I used a plastic leaf button. The button had a loop on the back, which was easily removed with a pair of nail clippers.
- Once the button was glued to the paper, I added a touch of copper paint and black ink to it as well, since the button also had a textured surface.
- Glue a pony bead to the back side of the pendant. Use the bead to string the pendant onto a cord, and it's ready to wear!
Read NextSilver Coin DIY Cross