How to Make a Charm Cluster Necklace
Charm cluster necklaces are trending like crazy, and you can make a cute cluster necklace that will never go out of style. Learn How to Make a Charm Cluster Necklace of your very own with this super simple tutorial. The rose quartz focal point is a pretty choice for this DIY necklace. However, this project is endlessly customizable; switch out the charms and colors to suit your personal style. Follow these free jewelry making instructions and informative video to create your own charm cluster masterpiece.
Project TypeMake a Project
Bead TypeGlass, Gemstone, Miscellaneous
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Bead Project TypeNecklace
- two pairs of chain nose pliers
- 24-inch length of chain
- 2.5-inch length of chain
- 1.5-inch length of chain
- seven jump rings
- one large focal rose quartz pendant with attached bail
- one key charm
- three small charms
- one lobster clasp
- Thread rose quartz pendant onto chain through bail.
- Thread one end of each of the shorter lengths of chain onto a jump ring and close the jump ring.
- Thread the jump ring with the two small chains onto the long chain so that it is next to the rose quartz pendant when laid flat.
- Thread key charm onto a jump ring and attach that to the jump ring holding the two smaller lengths of chain. Close the jump ring.
- Thread a jump ring onto a charm and attach it through a link of the chain.
- Repeat for the remaining charms as desired.
- Onto a jump ring, thread the lobster clasp and one end of the long length of chain. Close the jump ring.
- Thread the last jump ring onto the opposite end of the long length of chain and close the jump ring. This is the ring the lobster clasp will latch onto to close the necklace.