Arrow Friendship Bracelet Pattern
We are adding the project to your Jewelry Box.
The project was added to your Jewelry Box.
Chevron friendship bracelet patterns are a classic design for a reason, and they are the perfect jewelry project for summer. This Arrow Friendship Bracelet Pattern is similar to the Bordered Chevron pattern but is even easier to make. You can use whatever color threads you want to make a colorful, fun accessory. This macrame bracelet is so easy to make, you can whip up more than one on the same day. Can’t decide which beautiful bracelet pattern to wear? Macrame bracelets are easy to layer, so just wear them together!
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Bead Project TypeBracelet
Pick up to five threads (the more colors you choose, the wider your bracelet will be).
Align string, fold in half, and tie knot ½ inch from fold, forming a loop.
Attach your ½ inch loop to MYFBM under the butterfly clip.
Separate strings by placing one string per slot. Note: Use the same color in slot 1 & 10, 2 & 9, 3 & 8, etc. This will align the colors of the arrow.
Hold string #1 with your right hand and string #2 with your left hand; loop string #1 in front making a number “4."
While holding string #1 & #2, continue the steps to form a right handed double knot. After double knot is complete, move #2 string to #1 slot, while holding string #1 in hand. Take string #1 (still in your hand) and make the same right handed double knot around string #3. After double knot is complete, move string #3 to the #2 slot. Continue to tie right handed double knots on string #4 and then string #5. After making right handed double knots on string #5, place string #5 in #4 slot. Then place string #1 (in your hand) in the #5 slot.
Hold string #10 with your right hand and string #9 with your left hand; loop string #10 in front making a backwards or flipped number “4."
While holding string #10 and #9, continue the steps to form a left handed double knot. After the double knot is complete, move #9 string to #10 slot, while holding string #10 in hand. Take string #10 (still in your hand) and make the same left handed double knot around string #8. After the double knot is complete, move string #8 to #9 slot. Continue to tie left handed double knots on string #7 and then string #6. After making left handed double knots on string #6, place string #6 in #7 slot. Then place string #10 (in your hand) in the #6 slot.
Hold string #5 and string #6 and tie two simple knots (just like the knot when you’re tying your shoes). Then replace strings in slots #5 and #6.
When you have completed step 9, you have finished your first arrow! Repeat steps 5 through 9 with your new strings in place and watch your bracelet grow!
When you think your bracelet is long enough to fit around your wrist, hold three strings from slots #1, #2, and #3 with your left hand and three from slots #8, #9, and #10 with your right hand. Braid the three strings from your left hand and right hand with the four strings left in slots in #4, #5, #6, and #7.
Take the braided strings and tie two basic knots at the end of your friendship bracelet. (Learn how to finish your friendship bracelet with knots or beads by visiting myfbm.com.)
Unclip your friendship bracelet from the butterfly clip and cut off the excess braided section. Your bracelet is ready to wear or share!
Before you begin making your friendship bracelet, you should know how to make a Right Hand Double Knot and Left Hand Double Knot. You can see these instructions at myfbm.com.
These instructions teach you how to complete the pattern using My Friendship Bracelet Maker. However, the pattern can be completed without the loom as well.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Project of the Day
This Grecian Princess Crystal Bracelet has the elegance of gold with the sparkle of sapphire to create a beautiful and refined beaded… Continue reading: "Grecian Princess Crystal Bracelet"
- Frog Princess Beaded DIY Bracelet
- 34 Fabulous Macrame Bracelet Patterns
- How to Macrame: 7 Must-Know Knots
- Charlotte's Web Shamballa Bracelet
- 29 Hemp Bracelets
- 21+ Macrame Friendship Bracelets
- 25+ Kumihimo Patterns
- 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns
- Beaded and Bejeweled Kumihimo Bracelet
- Bohemian Princess Beaded Macrame Bracelet
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Wire Wrapped Swirl Statement Necklace
- Diy Sparkly Chandelier Earrings
- Teardrop Tree Of Life Pendant
- Gemstone Hoop Necklace
- Diy Pearl And Filigree Leather Earrings
- Red And Gold Valentine Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Pineapple Bracelet With Glass Beads
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Drop Glass Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Heart Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make A Wrapped Necklace
- 10 DIY Earrings, Chain Earrings, Metal Earrings, Wire Earrings, and More
- 12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening
- DIY Jewelry That Sparkles: 10 Crystal Jewelry Patterns!
- Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets
- How to Make a Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas
- How to Make a Ring: 9 Dazzling DIY Rings You'll Love
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!
- Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects
- Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts: 8 Free Jewelry Making Tutorials
- Upcycled Jewelry: 14 DIY Projects from Recycled Materials