Easy Wire S Clasp Tutorial
Did you use your last lobster claw on that other jewelry project? No worries! Learn how to make your own easy clasp out of wire and you'll never have to worry about buying a clasp again! This Easy Wire S Clasp Tutorial is a lifesaver.
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Bead Technique UsedChainmail/Wirework
- Approx. 3-4cm 0.6mm square wire, hard works best.
- Round nose pliers (or, anything with a fine tip)
- Flat nose pliers.
- Cutting pliers.
- Bend one end over slightly, and flatten using your flat nose pliers. This way there are no sharp ends.
- Using your round nose pliers, shape the wire to look like this:
- Cut the wire, and bend the sharp end over in the same way you did at the beginning. Your clasp should look like this:
- One side of the clasp should be closed. First, slide this side over the jump ring, and close it with flat nose pliers (as shown). The other opening of the clasp should be just slightly open, enough to slide the jump ring on and off.
- The jumpring that will be used to slide on and off of the clasp should be a larger, oval jumpring.