Easy Wire S Clasp Tutorial
Did you use your last lobster claw on that other jewelry project? No worries! Learn how to make your own easy clasp out of wire and you'll never have to worry about buying a clasp again! This Easy Wire S Clasp Tutorial is a lifesaver.
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Bead Technique UsedChainmail/Wirework
- Approx. 3-4cm 0.6mm square wire, hard works best.
- Round nose pliers (or, anything with a fine tip)
- Flat nose pliers.
- Cutting pliers.
- Bend one end over slightly, and flatten using your flat nose pliers. This way there are no sharp ends.
- Using your round nose pliers, shape the wire to look like this:
- Cut the wire, and bend the sharp end over in the same way you did at the beginning. Your clasp should look like this:
- One side of the clasp should be closed. First, slide this side over the jump ring, and close it with flat nose pliers (as shown). The other opening of the clasp should be just slightly open, enough to slide the jump ring on and off.
- The jumpring that will be used to slide on and off of the clasp should be a larger, oval jumpring.
Read NextHow to Make Resin Jewelry
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
The Designing Peng uin
Jun 18, 2016
This will save money for clasps and add a personal touch to finishes for bracelets and necklaces. No wonder I like it. Directions are clear and easy to follow - just tried it and with practise, will get so much faster. Thanks for the idea. I didn't have square wire, so used a thick round wire and it worked.
Jan 12, 2012
can any other thicker wire do instead of square wire??
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters! Right now!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use