Dangling Dragonfly Earrings
If you're looking for new styles of earrings to make, why not try these fun Dangling Dragonfly Earrings? These pretty beaded earrings feature clusters of crystals and a dragonfly charm for a sprightly spring look.
Project TypeMake a Project
Bead TypeCrystal, Miscellaneous
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Bead Project TypeEarrings
- #29502132- 2pc 8mm Silver Plate Flower Stud w/ Loop
- #29502155- 2pc 22x20mm Silver Plate Dragonfly Charm
- #2950209- 35pc Silver Plate 4mm Open Jump Ring
- #2950237- 25pc Silver Plate 35mm Head Pin
- #2950224- 22pc Silver Plate 25mm Eye Pin
- #2950296- 20pc 4mm Silver Plate Stardust Round
- #2950219- 34In Silver Plate Link Chain
- #7722110- 18pc 6mm Crystazzi Bicone- Aqua
- #7722115- 18pc 6mm Crystazzi Bicone- Erinite
- #7727311- 18pc 6mm Crystazzi Satin Bicone- Cobalt
- Round Nose Pliers #4458
- Wire Cutters #4457
Cut two 12 link lengths of link chain. These form the base that the drops will be clustered onto.
Lay out your head pins threaded with beads. Four of each color will be used for one earring.
The bicone drops are connected to the chain using wrapped loops for a very secure hold. Remember to leave the tail end of the head pin out straight and uncut. Thread the tail onto a chain link until the loop sits directly on the chain. Finish the wrapped loop process.
Attach the aquamarine drops at the top of the chain, the erinite drops in the middle and the cobalt drops on the lower portion of chain.
Use a 4mm open jump ring to attach the dragonfly to the last link of chain.
Using an eye pin thread on one sterling silver stardust bead and form a wrapped loop, attaching the loop to the earring before completing the wrapped portion of the loop.
Open the bottom loop of the stardust link to connect to the top link of chain.
- Repeat steps for the second earring.