Vintage Bridal Headband
This Vintage Bridal Headband is a DIY wedding idea we're falling in love with. The mix of satin ribbon, a beaded design, and a sparkling rhinestone deco accent piece gives this DIY headband classic style with vintage flair. If you're looking for DIY wedding ideas to make the day extra special and unique, try out this headband DIY tutorial for a taste of something old that's secretly something new. Plus, this makes a gorgeous accessory to any bridal outfit that you can proudly say you made with your own two hands.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Bead Technique UsedStitched
Bead Project TypeHair Accessory
- 1 pk #74100079 0.6mm Beadalon White Silk Thread - 2m Total
- 1 pk #34697040 10yds Satin Ribbon - Ecru
- #65020137 Double Headband Snap Base
- #34732124 Deco Square Interchangeable Snap Accent
- #34732408 Scalloped Edge Long Interchangeable Snap Accent
- #22279002 3.7oz E6000 Craft Glue
1. Wrap the headband with the satin ribbon. Secure the end with adhesive. *Wrap a small piece of thread temporarily around the ribbon to secure the end while the glue dries if needed.*
2. Attach the beaded double snap to one of the snaps of the headband. The piece should be off to one side, so only one snap will be attached to the snap base.
3. Use a needle and thread to whip stitch the felt underside of the beaded double snap to the headband. Secure from one end to the other to prevent the decorative snap from sliding.
4. Use adhesive to secure the square snap at a diagonal at the center of the double snap.
Tip: Allow all adhesive to dry for a minimum of 4 hours. However, I suggest waiting 24 hours before wearing
Read NextSapphire Chandelier Earrings
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Mar 05, 2018
The skill rating level for this project is rated at an intermediate level. I think that is rated a little high for this headband. This project doesnt really take any creativity or making anything on your part. It is basically just shopping for premade items and then gluing them onto the headband.
Jan 30, 2018
Do you want a pretty headband to make for yourself or child or a wedding party than here is one that is so simple easy and so fast to make. I mean really fast. You just buy the headband and a snap in embellishment and it's done and best thing is you can make it your own. Thanks for the project and tutorial.
Feb 20, 2017
Such a pretty headband for that special day! I love the use of these beads for a traditional vintage look. For another option with a bit more bling, I could see adding tiny seed pearls and/or crystals all along the edge of the headband in either an alternating pattern, or just one of the same all along the top,edge. So,pretty and when you make it yourself, you know yours is an original! ) thanks for sharing such a lovely piece!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters! Right now!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use