Vintage Bridal Headband
This Vintage Bridal Headband is a DIY wedding idea we're falling in love with. The mix of satin ribbon, a beaded design, and a sparkling rhinestone deco accent piece gives this DIY headband classic style with vintage flair. If you're looking for DIY wedding ideas to make the day extra special and unique, try out this headband DIY tutorial for a taste of something old that's secretly something new. Plus, this makes a gorgeous accessory to any bridal outfit that you can proudly say you made with your own two hands.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Bead Technique UsedStitched
Bead Project TypeHair Accessory
- 1 pk #74100079 0.6mm Beadalon White Silk Thread - 2m Total
- 1 pk #34697040 10yds Satin Ribbon - Ecru
- #65020137 Double Headband Snap Base
- #34732124 Deco Square Interchangeable Snap Accent
- #34732408 Scalloped Edge Long Interchangeable Snap Accent
- #22279002 3.7oz E6000 Craft Glue
1. Wrap the headband with the satin ribbon. Secure the end with adhesive. *Wrap a small piece of thread temporarily around the ribbon to secure the end while the glue dries if needed.*
2. Attach the beaded double snap to one of the snaps of the headband. The piece should be off to one side, so only one snap will be attached to the snap base.
3. Use a needle and thread to whip stitch the felt underside of the beaded double snap to the headband. Secure from one end to the other to prevent the decorative snap from sliding.
4. Use adhesive to secure the square snap at a diagonal at the center of the double snap.
Tip: Allow all adhesive to dry for a minimum of 4 hours. However, I suggest waiting 24 hours before wearing
Read NextSapphire Chandelier Earrings