We are adding the project to your Jewelry Box.
The project was added to your Jewelry Box.
"Have you noticed how popular tassels are lately? You can find them everywhere - sewn on pillows or blankets, made into a garland, put on jewelry. Personally, I find them very cute. Especially when incorporated in a jewelry piece. And I thought I might make some for me and Eva. So here is an easy tutorial how to make tassels and tassel bracelets."
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Bead Technique UsedStrung
Bead Project TypeBracelet
- embroidery floss
- a small piece of cardboard
- seed beads
You can use the tassels to make lovely ornaments too.
The cardboard piece is 3 cm / 1.2" long (so is the tassel). Wrap the embroidery floss on the cardboard - the more you add -the bigger / fatter it will get.
Cut a longish (about 15 cm / 5.9") piece of floss, insert it inside the tassel in the make and tie it at the top two or three times to be sure it will stay as is.
Take the tassel off the cardboard carefully. Insert a pencil (I used my scissors) at the top and using another piece of floss, wrap it near the top several times and then tie it to secure that part.
Pull the scissors out and cut at the bottom. Trim the tassel. Do not cut the top floss because you'll use that to tie the tassel on the bracelet.
Next, string beads and make the bracelets.
Tie the tassel on the bracelet.
Thread a tapestry needle with the floss of the tassel and put it through the center of the tassel t actually hide it. If it peaks underneath - trim it. Do so with the other end.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Pineapple Bracelet With Glass Beads
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Drop Glass Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Heart Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make A Wrapped Necklace
- How To Use Donut Beads
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On Making Angle Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On Making Gemstone Beads Bangle
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On Making Red Pompon Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On Making A Pink Pearl Bracelet
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on Making a Pair of Pearl Earrings
- 10 DIY Earrings, Chain Earrings, Metal Earrings, Wire Earrings, and More
- 12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening
- DIY Jewelry That Sparkles: 10 Crystal Jewelry Patterns!
- Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets
- How to Make a Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas
- How to Make a Ring: 9 Dazzling DIY Rings You'll Love
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!
- Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects
- Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts: 8 Free Jewelry Making Tutorials
- Upcycled Jewelry: 14 DIY Projects from Recycled Materials