This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Long Beaded Aventurine Pendulum Necklace
"Complete this pretty, extra-long necklace in less than an hour! It is simply strung onto tigertail - we would often knot between each gemstone bead with this style of necklace, but by using tiny 15/0 seed beads we get the same effect with a lot less effort (and time, yay!). The drop style pendant is often available in many different stone types, or you could use a tassel instead. In terms of length, this necklace has worked out to be about 85cm (34 inches) long. We've used Amethyst and Aventurine gemstones - but you could use any color combination you like!"
Project TypeMake a Project
Bead TypeGemstone, Seed
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Bead Technique UsedStrung
Bead Project TypeNecklace
- 30x 8mm Round Gemstone Beads. We have used Banded Amethyst 8mm in this design.
- 32x 6mm Round Gemstone Beads. We have used Faceted Aventurine 6mm in this design.
- 36x Small Gemstone Pebble Beads. We have used Light Amethyst Pebbles in this design.
- Gemstone Pendant. We have used an Aventurine Pendant in this design.
- Size 15/0 Seed Beads. Choose a colour to match – we used peacock and green.
- Clasp of your choice
- 4x Crimps (I like to double crimp for safety).
- Tiger Tail (we used 0.45mm)
This one’s pretty easy! Simply string all of your beads onto the tigertail in your desired pattern, using a 15/0 seed bead as a spacer between each bead. Don’t forget to add the pendant when you get to the middle point!
The pattern for this design is (from the clasp): 3x 6mm Aventurine – 3x Amethyst Pebbles – 5x Amethyst 8mm – 3x Amethyst Pebbles – 5x 6mm Aventurine – 3x Amethyst Pebbles – 5x Amethyst 8mm – 3x Amethyst Pebbles – 5x 6mm Aventurine – 3x Amethyst Pebbles – 5x Amethyst 8mm – 3x Amethyst Pebbles – 3x 6mm Aventurine – Pendant – and then the same design up the other side of the necklace!
Finish off your necklace using crimps and the clasp of your choice.