Long Beaded Aventurine Pendulum Necklace
"Complete this pretty, extra-long necklace in less than an hour! It is simply strung onto tigertail - we would often knot between each gemstone bead with this style of necklace, but by using tiny 15/0 seed beads we get the same effect with a lot less effort (and time, yay!). The drop style pendant is often available in many different stone types, or you could use a tassel instead. In terms of length, this necklace has worked out to be about 85cm (34 inches) long. We've used Amethyst and Aventurine gemstones - but you could use any color combination you like!"
Project TypeMake a Project
Bead TypeGemstone, Seed
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Bead Technique UsedStrung
Bead Project TypeNecklace
- 30x 8mm Round Gemstone Beads. We have used Banded Amethyst 8mm in this design.
- 32x 6mm Round Gemstone Beads. We have used Faceted Aventurine 6mm in this design.
- 36x Small Gemstone Pebble Beads. We have used Light Amethyst Pebbles in this design.
- Gemstone Pendant. We have used an Aventurine Pendant in this design.
- Size 15/0 Seed Beads. Choose a colour to match – we used peacock and green.
- Clasp of your choice
- 4x Crimps (I like to double crimp for safety).
- Tiger Tail (we used 0.45mm)
This one’s pretty easy! Simply string all of your beads onto the tigertail in your desired pattern, using a 15/0 seed bead as a spacer between each bead. Don’t forget to add the pendant when you get to the middle point!
The pattern for this design is (from the clasp): 3x 6mm Aventurine – 3x Amethyst Pebbles – 5x Amethyst 8mm – 3x Amethyst Pebbles – 5x 6mm Aventurine – 3x Amethyst Pebbles – 5x Amethyst 8mm – 3x Amethyst Pebbles – 5x 6mm Aventurine – 3x Amethyst Pebbles – 5x Amethyst 8mm – 3x Amethyst Pebbles – 3x 6mm Aventurine – Pendant – and then the same design up the other side of the necklace!
Finish off your necklace using crimps and the clasp of your choice.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.