We are adding the project to your Jewelry Box.
The project was added to your Jewelry Box.
Who said spikes weren't sexy? This stunning Rocker Chic Statement DIY Necklace is simple and easy to make. Perfect for a night out on the town, you'll look dark and daring in your beautiful handmade piece. Show off your attitude with this easy DIY jewelry project and bathe in the praise you'll get from friends and family. Everyone will like it so much, they may want you to make one for them too.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Bead Technique UsedStrung
Bead Project TypeNecklace
- beading wire
- 6 Gold Spikes (34708503 from Prima Bead)
- 6 Black Spikes (34708560 Black Spikes from Prima Bead)
- 13 Silver plated pewter dagger beads from Hobby Lobby
- Twenty-Four 4mm Black Pearls (7120003 from Prima Bead)
- Two Crimp Tubes
- Three 4mm Jump Rings
- Extender Chain (optional)
- Two Crimp Covers
- Silver Chain (63815134 from Prima Bead)
- Art Deco Clasp (34719172 from Prima Bead)
You can switch out the metal beads for Czech glass dagger beads to add a bit more pizzazz.
Measure and cut two 8" sections of chain.
The measure a length of about 10 inches of beading wire.
Attach the beading wire to one end of a section of chain using a crimp tube.
Cover the crimp with a cover and close with chain nose pliers.
Trim off excess.
String on your pattern of spikes and beads alternating between silver gold and black with a 4mm black pearl in between each one.
Finish by attaching the beaded end to the second section of chain using a crimp tube and cover crimp with a crimp cover.
Attach extender chain to one end of the chain using a jump ring.
To the end of the extender chain, use a jump ring to attach the last dagger bead.
Attach a clasp to the other end of chain using a jump ring.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
A beautiful blend of elegance and funky style, these Regal Hammered Hoop Bead Earrings certainly stand on their own. Learn how to make… Continue reading: "Regal Hammered Hoop Bead Earringsvideocam"
- Crystal Kaleidoscope Necklace
- Easy Jump Ring and Crystal Necklace
- Braided Seed Bead Necklace
- DIY Morse Code Necklace
- How to Make A Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas eBook
- Glamorous Long Beaded Necklace
- Classy Pearl and Ribbon DIY Necklace
- Hanging the Moon Necklace
- Sunset Strands Necklace
- Rose Gold Romance Necklace
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Red And Gold Valentine Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Pineapple Bracelet With Glass Beads
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Drop Glass Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Heart Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make A Wrapped Necklace
- How To Use Donut Beads
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On Making Angle Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On Making Gemstone Beads Bangle
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On Making Red Pompon Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On Making A Pink Pearl Bracelet
- 10 DIY Earrings, Chain Earrings, Metal Earrings, Wire Earrings, and More
- 12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening
- DIY Jewelry That Sparkles: 10 Crystal Jewelry Patterns!
- Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets
- How to Make a Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas
- How to Make a Ring: 9 Dazzling DIY Rings You'll Love
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!
- Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects
- Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts: 8 Free Jewelry Making Tutorials
- Upcycled Jewelry: 14 DIY Projects from Recycled Materials