Top 10 Jewelry Projects of August 2012
By: Kelly Spence, Editor of AllFreeJewelryMaking
We are adding the project to your Jewelry Box.
The project was added to your Jewelry Box.
Summer fashion is all about light, airy, and effortless accessories, and that's just what our readers were loving this month! Looking back at the most popular jewelry making tutorials of August, it was all about easy breezy bracelets, especially free macrame bracelet patterns and free beaded wrap bracelet patterns. Our readers just couldn't get enough summery bead bracelet patterns this month, and we can't blame them! Cute, bright, stackable bead bracelet patterns are the perfect summer fashion accessory, and that's why we packed as many into August as possible.
What else were you digging in the last full month of summer? Your favorite jewelry making tutorials, besides summery bead bracelet patterns, ranged from effortless earring patterns to awesome upcycling projects (and you even snuck in a peyote stitch pattern!). Overall, August's top jewelry making tutorials were fresh and fun, cute and colorful, easy and eclectic projects that were perfectly suited to simple fashion and relaxing summer days. Before we break out the scarves and sweaters and start featuring our fall-themed free jewelry patterns, let's take one last listful look back at the best jewelry making tutorials from August 2012.
Dragonfly Roundup Wrap Bracelet - This cute wrap bracelet project is one of our readers' favorite bead bracelet patterns of all time! Switch up the color of the leather cord and thread for endless variations of this fun and fresh wrap bracelet design. This is a great way to showcase some pretty glass beads.
Arm Candy Square Knot Beaded Macrame Bracelets - Nothing says summer better than these easy breezy macrame bracelets! The bright colors and simple square stitch technique are perfect for warm weather days. They look best stacked up on your arm, so make a bunch of these easy macrame bracelets to get the full effect!
Leather and Bead Wrap Bracelet - Surprise, surprise - another beaded wrap bracelet! The organically shaped and multi-colored Czech glass beads used in this project give the bracelet an eclectic bohemian look. If you're looking for classic beaded wrap bracelet patterns, this is the tutorial to try.
Sunny Lavender Macrame Bracelet - This micro-macrame bracelet pattern isn't quite as effortless to make as most macrame bracelets, but it sure is stunning! Beading designs like this one are worth the extra effort when you see how gorgeous the end result is. Plus the pretty pastels are perfect for summer. You'll get lots of compliments on this beautiful bracelet!
Summer Bracelets DIY - And now back to your regularly scheduled programming with some super simple summer bracelet projects! This tutorial has an added bonus because it's three free jewelry patterns in one, and they are the definition of easy summer bracelets. Perfect for stress-free summer crafting!
Spiral Peyote - In case you were getting bored, here's a fun peyote project to mix things up. This is classic peyote stitch with a twist - literally! If you're a master of peyote and are looking for a new challenge, give this cool beading pattern a try.
Pretty Bead and Chain Tassel Earrings - These beyond-easy earrings are so simple, you could make them and be out the door in a matter of minutes. Summer fashion should always be easy and effortless, and these earrings are definitely a no-fuss accessory, both to make and to wear. Plus, they're so pretty and a great variation on your typical beaded dangles!
Irish Linen Wrap Bracelet - If you're looking for bead bracelet patterns you can make in a flash, it doesn't get any snappier than these awesome wrap bracelets. These are definitely meant to be stacked, which is no problem since they're so speedy to make!
Secret Garden Beaded Bracelet - Summer is the time for bright colors, and this pretty beaded bracelet design is full of bold and beautiful hues. This flowery charm bracelet is feminine yet funky so it's perfect for making a flirty summer fashion statement.
Diamond Jubilee Necklace - Upcycling projects are some of the simplest jewelry making tutorials around, because you get to start with a base and build it into something brand new! This elegant necklace is made from old vintage earrings and mismatched buttons that, when put together, make one stunning special occasion necklace.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Top 100 DIY Jewelry Patterns: How to Make Bracelets, Necklaces, Earrings and More
- Top 100 DIY Jewelry Projects of 2013: Beaded Bracelet Patterns, Wire Jewelry Tutorials, and More
- Top 10 Jewelry Projects of February 2012
- Top 10 Jewelry Projects of December 2011
- Top 10 Jewelry Projects of April 2012
- Top 10 Jewelry Projects of May 2012
- Top 10 Jewelry Projects of September 2012
- Top Free Jewelry Making Projects of October 2011
- Top 10 Free Online Jewelry Tutorials of 2011
- Top 10 Jewelry Projects of January 2012
- 10 DIY Earrings, Chain Earrings, Metal Earrings, Wire Earrings, and More
- 12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening
- DIY Jewelry That Sparkles: 10 Crystal Jewelry Patterns!
- Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets
- How to Make a Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas
- How to Make a Ring: 9 Dazzling DIY Rings You'll Love
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!
- Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects
- Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts: 8 Free Jewelry Making Tutorials
- Upcycled Jewelry: 14 DIY Projects from Recycled Materials
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- DIY Flower Blossom Ring
- How to Make Paper Beads and Jewelry: 8 Tutorials
- DIY Geometric Leather Jewelry
- 28 Jewelry Designs from Household Items
- Knockoff Anthropologie Necklace
- Breezy Ocean Lariat
- Layered Wish Bracelet
- Egyptian Jewel Friendship Bracelet Pattern
- Lemon Drop DIY Earrings
- Flat and Freeform Brick Stitch Technique