Paddle Wheel Necklace
If you'd like to learn how to make leather jewelry, this Paddle Wheel Necklace is a great place to start. The rope cord and shape of the leather beads give it a fun, beachy vibe that is perfect for summer. This easy-to-make necklace is truly a work of art!
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Bead Project TypeNecklace
- two round "templates," one of about 2", the other about 1-1/8" diameter
- thick leather
- vinyl glue and an old brush
- a rope, or yarn to make your own
- a clasp
- needle and thread
- Cut 5 round pieces of leather, both for the 2" and the 1" diameter.
- Apply some glue on slightly less than half of the circle.
- Place the other circle on top and clip it.
- Keep doing this until you get the shape of a 5-point star with a hole in the middle.
- Repeat for the other bead.
- Thread a cord or a rope through the leather beads. (I made an I-cord and twisted it to make it slightly thicker, but anything works.)
- I added a clasp and made loops wrapped in leather to give it the "pulled together" look!