Champagne Flute Earrings
Ring in the new year in style with these stunning Champagne Flute Earrings! New Year's Eve is all about glitz and glitter, and these DIY earrings will definitely help you dress for the occasion. Did you ever think New Year's crafts could be so chic? No matter what you wear on New Year's Eve, these earrings are sure to "pop" against your party duds. Make this year's celebration one to remember by making your own elegant earrings!
Project TypeMake a Project
Bead TypeCrystal, Miscellaneous
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Bead Technique UsedChainmail/Wirework
Bead Project TypeEarrings
- 26 gauge Silver Plated Gold Soft Flex® Craft Wire - 1 spool
- 22 gauge Silver Plated Gold Soft Flex® Craft Wire - 8 inches
- 14k gold ear wires - 1 pair
- 4mm clear CZ faceted rondelle beads - 32 rondelles
- 6mm clear CZ faceted rondelle beads – 2 rondelles
- 7x5mm clear CZ faceted briolette beads - 2 briolettes
- Long Soft Flex® Professional Round Nose Pliers
- Long Soft Flex® Professional Flush Cutters
- Long Soft Flex® Professional Chain Nose Pliers
Unwrap a long length of 26 gauge wire from the spool, but do not cut the wire. String 16 CZ rondelles.
Place the end of the wire at the fattest part of one jaw of the round nose pliers, leaving a 1-inch tail wire.
Wrap the wire down the length of the jaw, keeping the coils as close together as possible.
Wrap the wire in the opposite direction, wrapping over the first set of wraps, toward the fattest part of the pliers.
Repeat Step 3.
Begin wrapping the wire back up toward the fattest part of the pliers. Once you reach the halfway point of the pliers, begin placing the CZ rondelles in the wrap, sliding up one at a time and spacing the CZs around the coil.
When you reach the fattest part of the jaw, cut the wire, leaving a short tail, and gently pull the coil from the pliers. Tuck the wire ends into the coil. Set aside.
Use 4 inches of 22 gauge wire to form a simple loop that attaches to one CZ briolette. String the wire-wrapped piece formed in Steps 1 to 7, pointed end first. String one 6mm rondelle. Form a wrapped loop that attaches to one ear wire.
Repeat Steps 1 to 8 to form a second earring.