Braided Seed Bead Necklace
This is one of our favorite free seed bead patterns for summer. This chic Braided Seed Bead Necklace is a very fashionable design that's easy to put together. As long as you can string beads and braid, you've got the skills to make this simple project. DIY jewelry projects do not get much easier than this. Simple, chic, and stylish: what more can you want from a DIY necklace? Get started today making this easily customizable and sweet handmade necklace design for the summer season.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Bead Technique UsedStrung
Bead Project TypeNecklace
SEED BEAD FUN FACTS!
- Seed beads have been around and used in jewelry making as early as the 13th century.
- In the 1840's these beads reached the Native Americans in the Plains, who then used these beads for trading goods and also would adorn their jewelry pieces and clothing with these tiny glass beads.
- These seed beads are great for different emroidery needs.
- This is the most common type of bead in jewelry making and comes in many different shapes and sizes.
- The largest seed bead that is made is approximately 6.5 millimeters in diamter, and the smalles is less than a tenth of a millimeter.
- There is a special beading needle created to work with seed beads because they are so unique and small.
Read NextBlack Tie Beaded Necklace