Beaded Gemstone Necklace
Learn to make a necklace that is sure to receive compliments! This cool blue Beaded Gemstone Necklace uses both seed beads and larger gemstones to create a unique look. Definitely try this pattern if you're looking for new seed bead project ideas. If you want to learn how to make a statement necklace, this is the perfect DIY jewelry project for you. It is bold and beautiful, but not so flashy that it will overwhelm your ensemble. Get started today making this stunning DIY necklace!
Project TypeMake a Project
Bead TypeGemstone, Seed
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Bead Technique UsedStrung
Bead Project TypeNecklace
- #3720014 90G/3.18Oz Teal Seed Bead Mix
- #34709053 7pc Acrylic White Flat Facet
- #34719033 500pc 4mm Open/Close Jump Ring Silver
- #34719038 180pc Eye Pin Silver
- #34718015 32in Silver Flat Chain
- #34713133 58pc 4mm Round Silver Mirror
- #34714098 1pc Gemstone Accent Teal
- (2) #34714103 3pc Gemstone Aqua Facet
- #34719046 8 Set Large Round Toggle Silver
- Cut a 5-inch and a 7 1/4-inch length of medium chain.
- Make the following beaded links: one large flat gemstone link, two large acrylic links, and four mirror bead, faceted gemstone, and mirror bead links.
- Connect the large flat gemstone link to the center of the two chains. Next connect an acrylic link to one side of the gemstone on the 5-inch chain. Connect the other end of the link to the 7 1/4-inch chain, leaving a wider gap between where the links are attached.
- Repeat this for the remaining beaded links. After connecting the end links, there should be approximately two remaining at both ends of each chain.
- Make 50 seed bead/E-bead mixed links each measuring 1 1/4 inches. Link 25 beaded links into a chain using 4mm jump rings. Repeat for the second set of 25 links.
- Using 4mm jump rings, attach one end of each beaded link chain to the 5-inch and 7 1/4-inch chains.
- Cut four 1 1/4-inch lengths of chain.
- Using 4mm jump rings, attach a chain to each of the loops of the last two beaded links.
- Use a 4mm jump ring to gather two chains together and attach a toggle clasp end. Repeat for the second set of chains and toggle end.
Are you looking for more beautiful gemstone jewelry patterns? Check out our collection of 24 Glamorous Gemstone Jewelry Making Ideas.