Easy Mod Glass Pendant
Free jewelry making projects are especially fun when they involve simple ways to fuse glass and this Easy Mod Glass Pendant does just that! Learn how to make a fun glass pendant with this easy to follow tutorial.
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Bead Technique UsedGlass Beadmaking
Bead Project TypeOther
This project was contributed by Diamond Tech.
- 1 pc Fuseworks™ Transparent Green Sheet Glass
- Fuseworks™ Bits and Pieces
- Fuseworks™ Kiln Paper
- Fuseworks™ Microwave Kiln
- Fuseworks™ Glass Cutter
- Fuseworks™ Large Pendant Bail
- E6000® or other glass glue
- Measure and mark the following glass sheets: Transparent Green – one 1 5/8” X 1 1/4”, 6 pieces of small dichroic scraps (assorted sizes)
- Using a glass cutter, cut glass to designated sizes as indicated above. Clean glass using paper towel moistened with water. Completely dry the surface of the glass with a lint free cloth.
- Next, cut a 2” X 2” piece of kiln paper. Remove the lid from the Fuseworks™ Kiln. Place the kiln paper on the kiln base.
- Layer the glass on the kiln paper. Start with the base, 1 5/8” X 1 1/4” transparent green rectangle. Next, evenly space three dichroic bits in two rows on top of the green glass.
- Carefully set the base with glass inside the microwave. Cover base and glass with kiln lid.
- Fuse in the microwave kiln at 100% for 1 minute. PLEASE NOTE: All microwave and kiln combinations will have different firing patterns. Be sure to take careful notes and log all fusing times for future use.
- After time is up, open microwave and, using Hot Mitts, carefully lift the lid enough to inspect the fusing process. Add additional time in 30 second increments until desired results are achieved. Remove kiln from microwave using the Hot Mitts and place on a heat resistant surface. Cool the kiln on a heat resistant surface for at least 30 minutes with the lid on. Removing the lid or peeking under the lid during the cooling will result in your piece cracking. Glass remains hot for a long time and should be handled with great caution.
- When cool, adhere a large gold bail to the back of the pendant using a glass adhesive such as E6000®. Allow to dry according to glue manufacturer direction. Slip pendant onto your favorite chain and enjoy.