Pop Rocks Necklace
Learn how to make this bright and colorful Pop Rocks Necklace with this full tutorial. The gold chain accents bring out the orange, yellow, and pink royal jewels, and the rhinestone clusters add shine to this DIY statement necklace. With a full collar of neon jewels and sparkling rhinestones, you won't be overlooked in this loud and regal DIY necklace that really pops. This DIY jewelry tutorial shows you how to make a necklace that exudes energy, fun, and fashion. Give it a try; your public awaits!
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Bead Technique UsedChainmail/Wirework
Bead Project TypeNecklace
- 1 pk #34719005 135pc Head Pin-Eye Pin Gold
- 1 pk #30214524 1pc Acrylic and Metal Neon Yellow and Orange Clover Accent
- 1 pk #34718050 20in Large Oval Chain Gold
- 1 pk #34719002 24pc 7X9mm Lobster Claw Gold
- 1 pk #34712155 250pc 4mm Open Jump Rings Gold
- 1 pk #34718102 30in Chain Gold Open Link
- 2 pk #30214543 3pc Acrylic and Metal Neon Yellow and Clear Crystal Rhinestone Connectors
- 2 pk #30214523 4pc Acrylic Orange Drops in Metal Gold Frame
- 1 pk #34712156 6mm Jump Rings - Gold
- 1 pk #34719007 500pc 4mm Open-Close Jump Ring Gold
- 1 pk #30214601 Neon Pink Glass Beads, 26pc
- #6854 Needle Nose Pliers and Cutter - Precision Comfort
- #6858 Round Nose Pliers - Precision Comfort
1. Cut two 6” lengths of large link chain. Connect (2) 6mm jump rings together and attach one of them to an end of one length of chain. Connect a 6mm jump ring and a lobster claw clasp to an end of the other length of chain. Connect one 6mm jump ring to the other ends of each length of chain.
2. Slide a ball pin through a pink matte bead and form a loop. Repeat to make a total of six bead drops. Using 4mm jump rings, connect bead drops to the bottom loop of six neon yellow connectors to make six connector bead drops.
3. Lay out the following components, in order left to right: one orange charm, one connector bead drop, one orange charm, one connector bead drop, one orange charm, one connector bead drop, one orange and neon yellow connector, one connector bead drop, one orange charm, one connector bead drop, one orange charm, one connector bead drop, and one orange charm. Connect the components together with chains of (3) 4mm jump rings. Add 2 consecutive 4mm jump rings to each end.
4. Connect the 4mm jump rings from each end of step 3 to the 6mm jump rings at each end of the large link chains from step 1. 5. Cut a 2 ½” and a 3 ½” length of chain. Use 4mm jump rings to connect each chain to the loops on each side of the center orange and neon yellow connector, positioning the short chain above the longer chain.
Read Next$3 Charm Necklace