Loopy Wire Beaded Earrings
Learn how to make wire jewelry using a wire jig with this free jewelry making video tutorial. These Loopy Wire Beaded Earrings are an intricate yet simple take on wirework, fun for the novice and the veteran alike. Once you've tried this technique, you'll want to make dozens of delicate wire dangles!
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Bead Technique UsedChainmail/Wirework
Bead Project TypeEarrings
- two ear wires
- two jump rings
- two head pins
- two small/medium beads
- two 4-inch pieces of 20 gauge wire
- two pair chain nose pliers
- round nose pliers
- wire cutters
- wire jig tool
- Use round nose pliers to make medium size loops in the ends of the 4-inch pieces of wire.
- Set up wire jig with five pegs in an “L” or “V” configuration.
- To make loopy components, slip a wire loop over one end peg of wire jig, wrapping wire in a loop over each peg. Cut off excess wire. Repeat for other 4-inch wire.
- Open a jump ring; slip on an ear wire and one of your loopy wire components. Close jump ring. Repeat with other jump ring, ear wire, and loopy component.
- To make bead dangle, slip a bead onto a headpin. Use round nose pliers to make a loop; cut off excess wire. Repeat with other bead and headpin.
- Attach bead dangles to bottom loops of wire components.
Read NextConstellation DIY Earrings