How to Crochet a Simple Wire Ring
Want to start working with crochet wire jewelry patterns? This project for How to Crochet a Simple Wire Ring is a great place to start because it's simple, fast, and fun. Make your very own crochet wire ring in less than 30 minutes!
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Bead Technique UsedChainmail/Wirework
Bead Project TypeRing
- Craft Beading Wire (24 gauge)
- Crochet Hook G
- Clipping tool
Note: This project is for beginners - more advanced users use "real" wire of your choice, 28 gauge with a steel crochet hook.
- Using the wire, make a slip knot on your crochet hook and chain 3, (this is the length of your ring - going up your finger)
- Insert the hook into the stich closest and single crochet, continue for the next 2 stitches, chain 1
- Turn and continue with single crochet 3 stitches, chain 1 and turn until ring is length to fit your finger around.
- Clip long tail and knot.
- Play with your work, gently pulling and tugging to get the right shape that you want. Flatten (either with tool or fingers) so that no wires are poking up.
- Match side seams and using the tails, weave them from one side to the other, gently tugging and tightening until ring is attached.
- Knot and clip ends. Again, using your fingers, pull and tug gently to shape the ring as you wish.
- Wear your new wire ring!