Tribal Gemstone Statement Necklace
We are adding the project to your Jewelry Box.
The project was added to your Jewelry Box.
From the blogger: "This tutorial is a beautiful, rustic tribal-looking gemstone statement necklace. I love the mix of vibrantly colored Imperial Jasper and antique brass. The sparkles of the crystals adds in just enough bling to add some interest to the piece."
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Bead Technique UsedStrung
Bead Project TypeNecklace
- 8 top-drilled, flat gemstone spikes or slices
- 1 metal connector
- 10 – 3mm Swarovski crystals in a accentuating color to your gemstones
- Matching chain
- Beading Wire
- 4 crimp tubes
- matching metal finish clasp
- 2 - 4 mm jump rings
- 1 - 6mm jump ring
- optional 1 additional 4 mm jump ring
- optional 2 feet of 24 gauge matching color wire
- optional 1 addition small matching gemstone spike/slice
- optional 1 matching metal finish head pin
- optional 1 additional 3mm crystal
DIY Project Instructions
Cut two pieces of equal length beading wire (around 10 inches each)
Cut two 10 inch lengths of chain.
Using a crimp, attach each beading wire piece to each side of the connector.
Sort out your stones in a pleasing shape and size order.
String on a pattern of five crystals and four stones on to one side of the beading wire.
Attach the strung wire to an end of one of the chain sections. Repeat for the other side.
Attach the clasp using jump rings
OPTIONAL: wire wrap a small flat top-drilled stone in 24 gauge wire and attach using a 4mm jump ring to the bottom of the connector.
OPTIONAL: Create a crystal dangle by threading a 3mm crystal on a head pin and attach to the front of the small stone accent.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Graceful Crystal and Wire Necklace
My Little Tree Wire Wrap Pendant
Knockoff Tribal Fringe DIY Necklace
Tangerine Tango Triple Chain Necklace
Green Goddess Bead Necklace
Beaded Turquoise Necklace
Wire Wrapped Gemstone Necklace
Gorgeous Pearl Pendant
Enchanted Wire Tree Pendant
Half Diamond Shape Silver Pendant
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on how to Make Beautiful Glass Cabochon Bracelet
- Beebeecraft Tutorial on How to Make a Pair of Acrylic Beaded Dangle Earrings
- Flower Earrings Tutorial with Vinyl
- How to Make Faux Leather Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on How to Make Felt Earrings with Bugle Beads and Tassel
- Learn from Beebeecraft How to Make a Braided Cord Bracelet with Rhinestone Chain and Knots
- Learn from Beebeecraft How to Make Elegant Green Beaded Hoop Earrings with Turquoise Beads
- Beebeecraft Pearl Necklace Design – How to Make a 2-Strand Pearl And Turquoise Beaded Necklace
- Faux Gem and Metal Pendant
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on Making a Wedding Headband with Pearl Beads and Crystal Glass Beads
- 10 DIY Earrings, Chain Earrings, Metal Earrings, Wire Earrings, and More
- 12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening
- DIY Jewelry That Sparkles: 10 Crystal Jewelry Patterns!
- Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets
- How to Make a Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas
- How to Make a Ring: 9 Dazzling DIY Rings You'll Love
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!
- Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects
- Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts: 8 Free Jewelry Making Tutorials
- Upcycled Jewelry: 14 DIY Projects from Recycled Materials