Mossy Forest Floor Necklace
This charming project from Soft Flex give you a pretty earthy necklace that is perfect for any nature lover. The soft wire used in this Mossy Forest Floor Necklace makes this one of our easiest to work with patterns for making wire jewelry.
Project TypeMake a Project
Bead TypePearl, Miscellaneous
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Bead Technique UsedChainmail/Wirework
Bead Project TypeNecklace
- Peridot .019 Diameter Soft Flex® Beading Wire
- Non-Tarnish Silver 20-gauge Soft Flex® Craft Wire
- 24mm Sterling Silver Toggle Clasp - 1 clasp set
- 9x24mm Sterling Silver Cones - 2 cones
- 6mm Sterling Silver Heishi Spacers - 15 spacers
- 5mm Sterling Silver Soldered Jump Rings - 8 soldered jump rings
- 5mm Sterling Silver Open Jump Rings - 2 open jump rings
- 2mm x 2mm Sterling Silver Crimp Tubes - 2 crimps
- 5x6mm Bronze Drop Pearls - 1 strand pearls
- 12x22mm Moss Green Lucite beads - 8 Lucite bead
- 4-Pin Knitting Spool with Stylus
- Crimping Pliers
- Chain Nose Pliers
- Round Nose Pliers
- Use the Peridot wire (do not cut any wire from the spool) to string all the pearls. Use the wire and the Knitting Spool to knit a 4" length of knitted wire using Style 3 in the instructions for How to Use the Knitting Spool, making sure to leave a 3" tail of wire at the beginning of the wire and adding 1 pearl to each knitted stitch. Cut the wire from the spool, leaving a 3" tail. Set aside.
- Use 2" of 20-gauge wire to form a wire wrapped loop. Use one end of the beading wire to string 1 crimp tube and the wrapped loop just formed. Pass back through the tube and crimp. Use the 20-gauge wire to string 1 cone (wide end first). Snug the cone onto the knitted wire and form a wire wrapped loop that attaches to 1 soldered jump ring. Repeat entire step for the other end of the knitted wire piece.
- Use 4" of 20-gauge wire to form a wire wrapped loop that attaches to the previous jump ring. String 1 heishi spacer, 1 Lucite bead, and 1 heishi spacer; form a wire wrapped loop that attaches to 1 soldered jump ring.
- Repeat Step 3 twice. Repeat Step 3, omitting the soldered jump ring. Use 1 open jump ring to attach the previous wire wrapped loop to one half of the clasp.
- Repeat Steps 3 and 4 for the other half of the necklace.
Read NextElegant Egyptian DIY Necklace