Wooden Cat Pendant Necklace
Show off your cat lady pride with this quirky Wooden Cat Pendant Necklace! Beading projects that express your personality are what making beaded jewelry is all about. This simple necklace tutorial works with any pendant, so choose the one that suits your style best! Then build a beautiful necklace around your pendant focal point for a totally unique piece. Upcycled jewelry projects are the cat's meow.
Project TypeMake a Project
Bead TypeSeed, Wood, Miscellaneous
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Bead Technique UsedStrung
Bead Project TypeNecklace
- carved wooden bead for pendant
- one head pin
- several seed beads (if needed for head pin)
- 10 inches of beads to complement wooden pendant
- 14 inches bead stringing wire
- two crimp beads
- two 6-inch pieces of chain
- four split rings
- lobster clasp
- round nose pliers
- chain nose pliers
- wire cutters
- split ring pliers
- crimping pliers
- Slide wooden pendant onto head pin. Add seed beads if necessary to fill in space. Grasp head pin with chain nose pliers just above last bead and bend head pin at a 90-degree angle. Grasp bend with round nose pliers and wrap wire around pliers as far as possible to start to make a loop. Reposition pliers to finish loop. Keep round nose pliers in loop and wrap remaining wire several times around wire above last bead. Trim off excess wire and use chain nose pliers to tuck end in. File wire end smooth if necessary.
- Use split ring pliers to attach a split ring to each end of both pieces of chain. Attach a lobster clasp to one split ring.
- Slide a crimp bead onto bead stringing wire; slide on one split ring and slide wire back through crimp bead. Use crimping pliers to secure crimp beads.
- String on half of beads in desired pattern; slide on wooden bead pendant. String remaining beads, a crimp bead, and split ring from other piece of chain. Slide stringing wire back through crimp bead; pull snugly and crimp securely with crimping pliers. (Don’t pull too tightly against last beads strung or your necklace will be stiff and won’t hang nicely.)
Read NextDelightfully Easy Designer Necklace