Water Bottle Bangle
Water Bottle Bangle
This image courtesy of craftypirate.com
Make cute recycled jewelry from a water bottle in no time. This water bottle bangle project shows you how to make endless amounts of unique recycled jewelry with this simple technique. Never shop for a new bangle again!
Project TypeMake a Project
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Bead Project TypeBracelet
- An Empty plastic bottle
- Mod Podge
- News paper or magazine pages
- Fabric scraps
- Hot fix rhinestones (optional)
- Find yourself an empty plastic bottle. You can use any bottle you like as long as it's made of thin plastic.
- Remove the label if there is one and cut the top of the bottle off with a knife (be sure to use a cutting board so you don't mess up your counter). And please watch your fingers!
- Cut your bottle down the middle with scissors, then cut off the bottom of the bottle as well.
- Now cut a 1 1/2 inch strip from the bottle. Use the natural curvature of the bottle when doing this and you should end up with a bangle template. Then put the strip around your wrist (holding the open ends together), make sure it slides on and off your hand comfortably. Once you have the right size, tape the ends together.
- Cut 1 inch wide strips from your newspaper/magazine pages.
- Paint a thin coat of Mod Podge on the plastic bangle template. Start wrapping your paper strips around the bangle (adding Mod Podge between layers of paper strips). Keep wrapping the paper strips around the bangle until you reach your desired thickness.
- Once you have your bracelet covered with paper strips, get some scrap fabric out of your scrap bin. Wrap the fabric around the bracelet, then add one last coat of Mod Podge.
- Let it dry completely. Once dry, you can add rhinestones.
Read NextMarc Jacobs Hex Nut Bracelet
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Join our community of 5 million crafters! Right now!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use
Thank You for Signing Up!
There was an issue signing you up. Please check your email address, and try again.