How to Make Cluster Bead Earrings: 20 Ways
By: Kelly Spence, Editor of AllFreeJewelryMaking
We are adding the project to your Jewelry Box.
The project was added to your Jewelry Box.
If you love making beaded earrings and are looking for some fresh new patterns and ideas, then try out the cluster earring craze! Learn how to make earrings with charms, beads, or jump rings in little bunches (or "clusters") for a fun variation on the typical dangle earring design. We've gathered 20 earring patterns so you can learn how to make cluster earrings of all kinds! From chainmaille to wirework, from safety pins to paint chips, these earring patterns cover quite the range of techniques and materials, so there is definitely a design to suit every style.
Learn how to make cluster earrings using crystals, seed beads, pom poms, chip beads--pretty much any beads or charms you want! Cluster earrings are so versatile and can be made in so many ways; the possibilities are endless.
Do you love learning how to make earrings? If you do, then download our free eBook, 10 DIY Earrings: Chain Earrings, Metal Earrings, Wire Earrings, and More. It will teach you new DIY earring projects and jewelry making tips & tricks!
- How to Make Bead Cluster Earrings (Video Tutorial) - Are you a visual learner? Then learn how to make cluster earrings by following along with this easy video tutorial! This free jewelry making video will show you the basic technique behind making beaded earrings with a classic cluster design.
- Jewel Tone Cluster Earrings - This project will show you how to make earrings that resemble chainmaille for a gorgeous variation on the more basic beaded cluster design. Use flat chip beads in a variety of rich jewel tones to get the peacock-inspired color palette you see here.
- Shades of Blue Bead and Chain Dangle Earrings - This tutorial demonstrates an interesting technique for how to make earrings by creating a beaded chain loop! When the loop is attached to an earwire, it hangs in a graceful and effortless cluster.
- Cascading Crystal and Wire Spiral Earrings - Want to incorporate some wirework into your clusters? This tutorial will show you a beautiful way to do it! These earrings use crystals and wire coils for a variation of the cluster technique that is fun yet elegant--a perfect project to try if you're looking for wire earring patterns.
- Dangling Dragonfly Earrings - One of the best parts of making beaded earrings is creating a pair for every season and occasion, and these sprightly earrings just scream spring! This tutorial demonstrates how to make earrings with charms for a lovely little addition to the cluster. Adapt this design for any season or holiday by switching out the charm and color scheme.
- Knitted Wire Dangle Earrings (3 Ways) - This tutorial is three earring patterns in one. Follow the instructions to learn how to make earrings by actually knitting wire! You may need some knitting experience to attempt these earring patterns.
- Grapevine Cluster Earrings - With this tutorial you'll learn how to make earrings with a little chain, some headpins, and some beautiful white and blue beads. Though the layers of beads might look intricate, this DIY jewelry project can be completed in less than an hour.
- Safety Pin Pom Pom Dangle Earrings - These plush little pom pom earrings are a lot of fun! If you're looking for earring patterns that are a little more eccentric in style, try this tutorial. It'll show you how to make earrings using safety pins to create a chandelier effect.
- Rhumba Earrings - This project uses large jump rings and seed beads for a totally different take on the cluster look. From farther away, these earrings look incredibly intricate and complicated, but when you take a closer look, you see that they're made using very basic skills!
- Simple Cluster Earrings - These classic clusters are simple yet elegant. Follow these instructions to learn how to make cluster earrings that can easily go from day to night. Use beads of one shade for a more elegant look, or mix up the colors for a fun and flirty effect!
- Sparkle and Dangle Earrings - One of our most popular earring patterns, this gorgeous project is so versatile. You can easily make them flashier or more subtle depending on your choice of beads. These would make a lovely gift or a perfect date night accessory.
- Wedding Bell Earrings - If you're looking for DIY bridal jewelry, this is the tutorial for you. Learn how to make cluster earrings for your big day with these easy instructions. When clustered together, these pretty Lily of the Valley beads create the look of little wedding bells.
- 5-Minute Cluster Earrings - Looking for a lightning fast jewelry project to put the finishing touch on your outfit? These 5-Minute Cluster Earrings can be completed before your spouse has time to check their hair and put on their shoes! Make this cool cluster design today.
- Gem Cluster Earrings - These beautiful rhinestone earrings are super simple to make, but look stunning. With easy-to-follow instructions and inexpensive materials, these earrings are the perfect DIY jewelry project.
- Teardrop Cluster Earrings - These earrings are an edgy and chic twist on the basic cluster drop design. With these instructions for how to make cluster bead earrings, you'll be sure to love the stylish and stunning result.
- DIY Grapevine Cluster Earrings - These glamorous DIY earrings are simply stunning, and they can be made in under twenty minutes! This is the great beginner project, particularly if you want to practice your wire-wrapping skills.
- Playful Pink Teardrop Earrings - Thes beautiful DIY earrings are the perfect way to "wake up" up your outfit and add a little fun to your appearance. Easy and quick to make, these earrings are what every outfit needs.
- Jayde Crystal Earrings - If you are looking for an elegant earring pattern, then this DIY earring pattern is just for you. It is a great DIY jewelry project for beginning jewelry makers and will give your appearance a dazzeling look.
- Honey Cluster Earrings - This is one of the easiest free DIY earring patterns you'll ever come across. Not only that, but these are the perfect "special occasion" earrings, with just the right amount of sparkle and sweetness.
- Southwest Spirit Turquoise Earrings - If you love the southwestern style of jewelry, with its rich turquoise and browns, then these DIY earrings are just for you. With this free tutorial, you can learn how to make bead cluster earrings that will add some fabulous funkiness to the classic cluster earring pattern.
Did you love these fun and easy earring projects? If you did, then check out our free eBook, 12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening. Jewelry making has never been so easy!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 40+ Braided Jewelry Patterns: How to Kumihimo, Fishtail Braid, Box Braid and More
- How To Make a Double Spiral
- How to Make Cluster Bead Earrings: 20 Ways
- How to Make French Beaded Flowers
- How to Add a Clasp
- Peyote Stitch Tutorial
- How to Make a Beaded Bead: 7 Easy Beaded Bead Patterns
- How to Make a Sliding Leather Knot
- Tubular Pearl Netting
- How to Weave a Triangle
- 10 DIY Earrings, Chain Earrings, Metal Earrings, Wire Earrings, and More
- 12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening
- DIY Jewelry That Sparkles: 10 Crystal Jewelry Patterns!
- Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets
- How to Make a Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas
- How to Make a Ring: 9 Dazzling DIY Rings You'll Love
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!
- Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects
- Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts: 8 Free Jewelry Making Tutorials
- Upcycled Jewelry: 14 DIY Projects from Recycled Materials
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- How to Make Ear Wires
- Medium Rack System Review
- How to Use Crimp Beads
- How to Use Bails
- How to Make an Eye Pin Loop
- Colorful Rainbow DIY Friendship Bracelet
- Hemp Jewelry Inspiration Guide
- How to String Beads
- How to Use Jump Rings
- Beads 101: Your Guide to Different Types of Beads