40+ Braided Jewelry Patterns: How to Kumihimo, Fishtail Braid, Box Braid and More
By: Kelly Spence, Editor, allfreejewelrymaking.com
We are adding the project to your Jewelry Box.
The project was added to your Jewelry Box.
Braiding is one of the most basic ways to weave, but if you think braids are boring, think again. Simple yet intricate, braided patterns are a classic fashion motif for a reason, and there are so many ways to work this weave into your accessories. Embrace the braid with these 40+ Braided Jewelry Patterns!
From simple three-strand patterns to twisted 12-strand techniques, this collection of tutorials will show you a variety of ways you can use braiding in your jewelry designs. Braiding is making a comeback! Learn how to box braid, fishtail braid, kumihimo braid, and more with these pretty plaited patterns.
Do you love to make bracelets? If yes, then download our free eBook, How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!, to learn how to make fabulous and fun friendship bracelets!
40+ Braided Jewelry Patterns: Kumihimo, Fishtail Braid, Box Braid and More
Table of Contents
Kumihimo is a beautiful Japanese braiding technique that has become incredibly popular of late, and once you check out these projects, you'll understand why. Kumihimo braiding has an incredibly intricate effect but can be relatively simple to complete given the proper tools. Learn how to kumihimo braid some stunning accessories with these free tutorials.
- Kumihimo 12-Strand Spiral Bracelet
- Beaded Kumihimo Bracelet
- Kumihimo Braid Bracelet
- Wedded Bliss Beaded Kumihimo Necklace
- Burst of Color Kumihimo Bracelet
- Beaded and Bejeweled Kumihimo Bracelet
- Diamante Kumihimo Bracelet
- Hemp Kumihimo Bracelet Tutorial
- Trendy Kumihimo Bracelet
Do you love these kumihimo patterns? Here are 22 Kumihimo Jewelry Patterns and Tutorials for you to make today!
Both functional and fashionable, box braiding is a common technique of macrame jewelry patterns. Also known as the "square braid" or "square stitch," the box braid is sturdy and strong yet stylish. Learn how to box braid by making these jewelry projects.
Fishtail braid bracelets are all the rage! Sometimes called a herringbone or fishbone braid, the fishtail braid is a fast and fashionable way to weave. Learn how to fishtail braid with these tutorials and make an arm party of braided bracelets!
- Effortless Fishtail Friendship Bracelets
- Fishtail Friendship Bracelet
- Gone Fishing Anchor Bracelet
- Stunningly Sweet Fishtail Bracelet
- Fishtail Bracelet
- Ravishing Rainbow Fishtail Bracelet
- Easy Three Color Fishtail Bracelet
- Paracord Fishtail Bracelet
If you're looking for ways to spice up simple strands of beads, try braiding them together for a stunning effect! This is such an easy design idea to replicate and can be endlessly customized using different colors, sizes, and cuts of beads.
- Braided Seed Bead Necklace
- Golden Braided Seed Bead Necklace
- Glittering Braided Cuff
- Woven Seed Bead Necklace
- Braided Bead Necklace
- Simple Seed Bead Bracelet
If you love these braided jewelry projects, then you will love this list of 26 Fabulous Macrame Bracelet Patterns. With the easy-to-follow tutorials in that collection, macrame has never been easier!
For accessories on the softer side, try braiding fabric into a trendy bracelet or necklace. These braided jewelry designs are a great way to use some scrap fabric, a secondhand scarf, or an old T-shirt.
- Simply Striking Braided Scarf Necklace
- Braided Jersey Necklace
- Braided T-Shirt Bracelets
- Easy Braided Jersey Necklace
- Mixed Media Necklace
- Anthropologie Boho Braided Bracelet
The other perk about braided jewelry patterns? They're often made with the thriftiest materials! These hemp, cord, and embroidery floss jewelry projects should all be pretty cheap to make (which means you can make even more of them!).
- Braided Bead and Hemp Bracelets
- Beaded Hemp Wrap Bracelet
- Make a Wish Anklet
- Simple Word Bracelet
- DIY Silk Friendship Bracelet
- Braided Anchor Bracelet
- Folkloric Braid Necklace
- Nautical Braided Bracelet
- Braided Padlock Bracelet
- Ten Minute Braided Bracelet
- Five-Stranded Braid Bracelet
- Spiked Braided Chain Bracelet
- Braided Embroidery Cuff
- Five Times Lucky Friendship Bracelet
If you love the braided projects featured in this collection, be sure to check out our other braided jewelry collection pages, like these Hemp Bracelet Patterns!
BONUS: Find even more beautiful braided jewelry patterns in The Ultimate Collection of Knots and Macrame: 148 Easy Friendship Bracelets, Macrame Projects, and More!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- 40+ Braided Jewelry Patterns: How to Kumihimo, Fishtail Braid, Box Braid and More
- How to Weave a Triangle
- How To Make a Double Spiral
- How to Make Cluster Bead Earrings: 20 Ways
- How to Make a Beaded Bead: 7 Easy Beaded Bead Patterns
- How to Make French Beaded Flowers
- Peyote Stitch Tutorial
- Tubular Pearl Netting
- Branch Fringe and Coraling Tutorial
- How to Make a Sliding Leather Knot
- How to Crochet Jewelry: 10 Free Crochet Patterns
- Making Beaded Jewelry: 11 Free Seed Bead Patterns and Projects
- Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts: 8 Free Jewelry Making Tutorials
- 6 Fun and Free Christmas Jewelry Projects
- 12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening
- Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets
- How to Wire Wrap Jewelry: 16 DIY Jewelry Wire Wrap Tutorials
- Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!
- How to Make a Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Valentine's Necklace
- Minimal ZigZag Macrame Bracelet
- Kazuri Bead and Wire Pendant Tutorial
- Crystal Bridal Necklace
- Beautiful Brass and Leather DIY Necklace
- Nunn Design Winter 2016 Collection
- Seductive Silver Curve Necklace
- Clay Jewels
- Artistic Wire 3D Bracelet Jig Review
- Mardi Gras Beads Star DIY Necklace