6 Beginner Jewelry Making Videos to Get You Started
By: Maggie Kmiecik, Editor of AllFreeJewelryMaking
We are adding the project to your Jewelry Box.
The project was added to your Jewelry Box.
Sometimes watching someone explain something is the best way to learn. That's why we put together this collection of 6 Beginner Jewelry Making Videos to Get You Started. Clear up any confusion with tools and techniques to get started on the jewelry projects you really want to make. Learn which tools are essential to have in your tool box, how to make a wire loop, and how to make a simple beaded bracelet. If you've never made jewelry before, these videos will make it easy for you to pick up and start beading after a trip to the bead store.
6 Beginner Jewelry Making Videos to Get You Started
Table of Contents
Get Started with Jewelry Making
Beading Tool Kit - Jewelry Making
Learn How to Bead - Beading Basics Instructional Video
Basic Beading Lesson 2 - Wire Wrapping
Jewelry Making - How to Wire Wrap a Pendant
How to Make Jump Rings Using Wire
By Catherine Fox for FaveCrafts
This is the perfect introductory video to tools and findings. The video tutorial very clearly goes through all the various tools you would need to get started in jewelry making and makes you familiar with any strange terms you may have heard. Catherine very clearly goes through each jewelry making tool so that you can see what each one looks like and what purpose it serves. She also shows you the different types of jewelry findings or closures that you would need before beginning your jewelry making.
By Sarah for Jewelry Supply
Here's another informative how-to video about tools used in jewelry making. Jewelry making for beginners can be intimidating because of all the different tools that you can use for the various types of jewelry. This is a slightly more in-depth look at what each tool does and what kinds of tools are included in most beginner jewelry making kits.
By Karla Schafer for Auntie's Beads
If you've watched the first two videos, you are now ready to jump into making a simple beaded bracelet. This jewelry making how to video shows you how to make a simple strung bracelet using beading wire and crimp beads. It's one of the easiest ways to create a bracelet next to stretch cord, but it's sturdier and the clasp gives it a more professional finish. This technique is a great way to get started with jewelry making because it is easy, it's fast, and you can feel free to come up with lots of different designs. Once you see how easy they are to create, you can surprise your friends with unique handmade jewelry gifts that will leave them speechless.
If you've already played around with the tools a bit, the next step would be to start playing around with wire--an important material in jewelry making. This how-to video shows you how to make simple wire loops used to make bead links for necklaces, bracelets, and even anklets. It is a simple jewelry making technique that will take you very little time to master and will add another dimention to your work.
After watching up to this point, you are ready to try a common, yet beautiful technique in jewelry making which is creating a wire-wrapped pendant. Learning how to wire wrap a pendant will allow you to create beautiful wire wrapped jewelry in no time. Pendants are simple because you can easily make them very intricate and simply slip them onto a chain. They stand out beautifully on their own.
Jump rings are essential to jewelry making. They are the round links that connect clasps to bracelets and necklaces and can join beads together. If you are also interested in learning how to work with chainmaille, making your own jump rings will be essential to having all the supplies you need to create intricate chainmaille jewelry. The process is simpler than you might have imagined as this video quickly shows you how to make your own jump rings.
Bonus! 3 New How-To Jewelry Making Videos
Now that you've mastered all the basic tools and beginner jewelry making techniques, you're ready to try making some fabulous finished pieces. These how-to jewelry making videos will show you the steps to creating gorgeous accessories so you can watch and learn. Follow along with the video tutorials or, if you prefer, check out the step-by-step instructions that accompany these jewelry making videos.
For more jewelry making video tutorials, be sure to check out our collection, Bead Along with Us! 42 DIY Jewelry How-To Videos!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Images from other crafters
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Beautiful Black Dollar Store Necklace
- Arm Candy Square Knot Beaded Macrame Bracelets
- 6 Beginner Jewelry Making Videos to Get You Started
- Colorful Bohemian Jewelry
- Summer Flowers Bead Necklace
- Irish Linen Wrap Bracelet
- How to Attach Ribbon Crimps
- Chain of Hearts Bracelet
- Easy Wire Heart Necklace and Earrings
- Spiral Chainmaille Video Tutorial
- How to Crochet Jewelry: 10 Free Crochet Patterns
- Making Beaded Jewelry: 11 Free Seed Bead Patterns and Projects
- Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts: 8 Free Jewelry Making Tutorials
- 6 Fun and Free Christmas Jewelry Projects
- 12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening
- Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets
- How to Wire Wrap Jewelry: 16 DIY Jewelry Wire Wrap Tutorials
- Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!
- How to Make a Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Nunn Design Winter 2016 Collection
- Seductive Silver Curve Necklace
- Clay Jewels
- Artistic Wire 3D Bracelet Jig Review
- Mardi Gras Beads Star DIY Necklace
- Ocean Swirls Wire Pendant
- Infinite Circles Crochet Bracelet
- Adorable Wire Wrapped Elephant DIY Pendant
- So Easy Red Crystal Necklace
- Handmade Lampwork Glass European Beads