Modern Pearl Necklace and Earring Set
Follow these free jewelry making instructions to make your very own Modern Pearl Necklace and Earring Set. This is one beaded jewelry design that never goes out of style. With metallic gray pearls and hammered metal earring charms, this jewelry set is a contemporary update on a timeless classic. With easy-to-follow directions and an added video tutorial, you will have all the instructions you need to be able to make this gorgeous pearl jewelry set simply and quickly.
Project TypeMake a Project
Bead TypeGlass, Metal, Pearl
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Bead Technique UsedStrung
Bead Project TypeEarrings, Necklace
- crimping pliers
- wire cutters
- 2 pairs of chain nose pliers
- 6mm glass pearls
- figure 8 clasp
- 2 crimp beads
- 2 wire guards
- beading wire
- 2 leverbacks
- 4 jump rings
- 2 headpins
- Thread the wire through one crimp bead and one of the wire guards.
- Loop the wire around and thread it through the other side of the wire guard.
- Thread on one of the clasps.
- Slide the crimp bead so that both the shorter wire and the main wire are going through the crimp bead; leave a small amount of space between the wire guard and the crimp bead.
- With your chain nose pliers, slightly cinch the wire guard so that the parts of it where the wire pass through are now closer together.
- Leaving a small amount of space between the crimp bead and the wire guard, place your crimp bead on the back channel of your crimping pliers and crimp down.
- Turn your newly crimped bead so the smooth part is facing you and the dented part is facing away from you. Place the crimp bead in the front channel of the crimping pliers and crimp down.
- Thread on three of the glass pearls.
- Snip the excess second (shorter) wire at this point, being careful not to clip your main wire.
- Thread on the remaining beads to make the necklace your chosen length.
- Repeat steps 1 through 7 for the other clasp.
- Open all four of your jump rings before you begin.
- Thread a glass pearl onto the headpin and trim excess wire so you are left with half an inch of wire above the pearl.
- Using your round nose pliers, form a closed loop.
- Thread a jump ring through the hole in the leverback and close the jump ring.
- Thread a hammered circle and your pearl with the loop onto a jump ring.
- Thread the jump ring that your leverback is attached to onto this jump ring, making sure the front of the leverback is facing the side that the pearl is on, so that when you are wearing your earrings, the pearl is in front of the hammered ring.
- Close the jump ring and repeat for second earring.
- Enjoy your new creation!