Make Your Own Eye Pins
Learning to make your own eye pins is one of those jewelry making techniques you will use frequently and, once mastered, can expand on. Never worry about not finding an eye pin in the right metal again.
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Bead Technique UsedChainmail/Wirework
- About 4cm of 0.7mm wire (sterling silver, gold, copper etc). 0.6mm will work as well, and is good for beads with very small holes.
- Round nose pliers
- Cutting pliers
- Cut the wire to about 4cm (or longer/shorter depending on your design).
- Use your round nose pliers to make a loop at one end. The loop should be approx 3mm in diameter.
- Close it with your pliers, or leave it open and thread a hanging bead on.
- There are endless possibilities!