Chain Maille Rosette Links
This tutorial will show you a lovely but simple technique for creating Chain Maille Rosette Links. Use these easy chainmaille instructions to make earrings, necklaces, bracelets--anything! It's a more feminine take on chain maille jewelry design. Chainmaille is the perfect way to get a sophisticated jewelry style that blends the urban chic of the metallic jump rings with the elegance of the jump rings intricately woven together. The jewelry making technique will open up so many DIY jewelry possibilities. Get started today with this free jewelry making video.
Project TypeLearn a Technique
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Bead Technique UsedChainmail/Wirework
Bead Project TypeOther
- 12mm jump rings
- 7mm jump rings (quantity dependent on project; each rosette takes four 12mm jump rings and is connected with two 7mm jump rings)
- round nose pliers or flat nose pliers
- Open three of the four jump rings.
- Slide the closed jump ring onto one of the open jump rings and close.
- Line the two jump rings up.
- Slide the two jump rings onto the next open jump ring and close. Line up.
- Slide the three jump rings onto the last open jump ring and close.
- Your rosette is complete.
- Open two 7mm jump rings.
- Using your tools, hold an open jump ring and then place all four rings of the rosette link onto the open 7mm jump ring.
- Now place all four rings of the second rosette link onto the 7mm jump ring. Close the 7mm jump ring.
- Repeat with the second 7mm jump ring.
- Continue until you reach your desired length.
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Jun 27, 2016
I am so glad I came across this tutorial because this shows you howto make the Chain Rosette links so you can make some real neat bracelets or necklaces.If you look at these Rosettes you would think they are hard to make but with this tutorial and bonus video it is so easy. I cannot wait to make these links to make some interesting pieces. Has anyone made some jewelry pieces with with these yet?
Aug 29, 2013
Yes I agree completely with Susan, this technic is much easier to understand! Thanks Mikey!
Aug 12, 2013
muy buena la explicacion, gracias.
Apr 27, 2013
I just wanted to let you know I was having problems understanding directions in my two ChainMaille books for the byzantine chain. I went to Mikey's tutorial on you tube and within minutes I got the process. I guess there is nothing like seeing it in person. You do a great service here and I just wanted to say Thank You. Susan
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Join our community of 5 million crafters! Right now!
- Get free craft projects, exclusive partner offers, and more.
- Information Use