Mixed Metal Mania
We are adding the project to your Jewelry Box.
The project was added to your Jewelry Box.
Mixed Metal Mania is a go-to resource for jewelry makers who want to learn how to work with metal. This book of tips and techniques includes 30 projects for earrings, cuffs, pendants, and more. Learn how to solder, hammer, and shape metal elements into unforgettable accessories.
Author, teacher, and designer Kim St. Jean specializes in organic jewelry with a modern flair. St. Jean can teach readers how to turn linked bracelets, bangles, rings, pins, and other accessories into works of art. The first portion of Mixed Metal Mania covers basic metalworking techniques and tools. Unusual for a crafting guide, the tools section includes photos as well as descriptions. When they have this book in hand, novice jewelry makers can walk into their local supply store with confidence.
Likewise, the clear, concise instructions and photos that accompany each tutorial make complicated projects manageable. Mixed Metal Mania begins with simple projects and builds to complex tutorials that bring together multiple techniques and skills. St. Jean gives readers a glimpse of what inspired her to make each project, which will hopefully trigger your own imagination as you read.
Although these designs are intricate, you can create most of them using common jewelry making tools. A few projects call for specialized equipment, but for the most part, Mixed Metal Mania is intended for beginners. St. Jean encourages her readers to look for inspiration everywhere they go. Some of these tutorials incorporate natural elements like stones, fossils, and even antlers.
Mixed Metal Mania is your key to making gorgeous metal jewelry projects. Every technique you master as you work through this book can be applied to your own designs. Don't feel obligated to recreate the projects in this book exactly–let your own personality shine through. Mixed Metal Mania is a great addition to any jewelry maker's library.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Weave a dazzling design with this Sweet Addictive Woven Crystal Bracelet. Blend Swarovski crystals in the palest hues with seed pearls… Continue reading: "Sweet Addictive Woven Crystal Bracelet"
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On Making Angle Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On Making Gemstone Beads Bangle
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On Making Red Pompon Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On Making A Pink Pearl Bracelet
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on Making a Pair of Pearl Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on Making a Round Pearl Necklace Pendant
- Beebeecraft Tutorial on Making a Pair of Pearl Earrings
- Leather Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on Making Your Own Fresh and Cute Beaded Drop Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials on Making Heart-pattern Leather Necklace with Pearl Beads
- 10 DIY Earrings, Chain Earrings, Metal Earrings, Wire Earrings, and More
- 12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening
- DIY Jewelry That Sparkles: 10 Crystal Jewelry Patterns!
- Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets
- How to Make a Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas
- How to Make a Ring: 9 Dazzling DIY Rings You'll Love
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!
- Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects
- Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts: 8 Free Jewelry Making Tutorials
- Upcycled Jewelry: 14 DIY Projects from Recycled Materials