Fast Peyote Stitch Jewelry Review
We are adding the project to your Jewelry Box.
The project was added to your Jewelry Box.
Fast Peyote Stitch Jewelry Review
By: Josie Fabre
Gifted by: Kalmbach Publishing
Reviewed by: Dana Byerwalter, Editor, AllFreeJewelryMaking.com
Stitched jewelry pieces are so beautiful, but they can take what feels like an eternity to make. Bypass that frustration and learn the art of the fast peyote stitch. Fast Peyote Stitch Jewelry is a pattern collection featuring 25+ original projects. Author Josie Fabre's easy-to-follow patterns make peyote stitch jewelry approachable and fun. Create gorgeous projects in no time as you become familiar with the techniques outlined in this book from Kalmbach Publishing.
Peyote stitch jewelry is a work of art. Taking an image of a bird, flower, butterfly, etc, you can draw up a chart and convert that image into a beaded piece. Examples like the New York Skyline (p. 84) and Oscar the Egret (p. 28) showcase this art beautifully. As you become familiar with the techniques outlined in Fast Peyote Stitch Jewelry, you too will be able to create these miniature canvases to wear as works of art.
In order to get started, Fabre includes both a Basics: Materials and Tools section as well as a detailed section on Techniques. The variety of seed beads is truly incredible, and reading up about them ahead of time is helpful for achieving the best peyote projects. For example, rounder seed beads can be more inconsistent in size than a regular cylinder bead. Beads also come in an incredible number of finishes, so explore these options when planning your peyote projects. In terms of the actual technique, several diagrams show the step-by-step instructions for getting started with fast peyote.
My favorite projects tend to be those that imitate nature. The Monarch Butterflies project (shown on p. 30 and also on the cover) includes just beautiful detail. Roses (p. 12) makes use of a pale pink and silver color scheme that looks as delicate as the flowers themselves. In addition to projects with a nature theme, you'll find projects with geometric patterns and, my personal favorite, a steampunk bracelet. Geared Up (p. 77) even includes gear embellishments!
Try a classic stitch by a faster method. The projects in Fast Peyote Stitch Jewelry are too pretty to pass up!
What is your favorite jewelry stitch?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
These Simple and Colorful Seed Bead Loom Bracelets are a great way to try out different beading designs and patterns. A bonus to this… Continue reading: "Simple and Colorful Seed Bead Loom Bracelets"
- Enter for your chance to win the Sereknity Yarn and Book Bundle Giveaway!
- Win a copy of Fast Peyote Stitch Jewelry!
- Beaded Wild Animals
- Fun with Chinese Knotting
- Vintage Impressions Jewelry
- Modern Chain Mail Jewelry: Chic Projects to Complete Your Look
- Chance to Win a Ultimate Jewelry Book and Bead Bundle!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Musical Note Wrapped Necklace
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Braided Bracelet With Wood Beads
- Metallic Crystal Wrap Bracelets
- Just Peachy Layered Chain Necklace
- Tie Dye Shell Jewelry
- Wood And Clay Flowered Earrings
- Olivine Earrings
- Leanne Earrings
- Upcycled Christmas Bell Earrings
- Wire Wrapped Swirl Statement Necklace
- 10 DIY Earrings, Chain Earrings, Metal Earrings, Wire Earrings, and More
- 12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening
- DIY Jewelry That Sparkles: 10 Crystal Jewelry Patterns!
- Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets
- How to Make a Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas
- How to Make a Ring: 9 Dazzling DIY Rings You'll Love
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!
- Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects
- Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts: 8 Free Jewelry Making Tutorials
- Upcycled Jewelry: 14 DIY Projects from Recycled Materials