We are adding the project to your Jewelry Box.
The project was added to your Jewelry Box.
Gifted by: Andrews McMeel Publishing
Review by Mortira Natasha vanPelt for AllFreeJewelryMaking.com
What better way could there be to recreate tiny creatures than with tiny seed beads? In Beaded Bugs, professional modeler Nicola Tedman teams up with bead artist Jean Power to transform simple seed bead wirework into a gorgeous collection of critters.
After a brief introduction to the materials, techniques, and charts, readers can dive into 30 patterns of exciting designs for butterflies, moths, caterpillars, dragonflies, and beetles. Some of the world’s most beautiful insects are featured – from classic ladybugs and swallowtails to the exotic striped love beetle and death’s-head hawkmoth. The projects progress gradually in difficulty, allowing even beginner beaders to master the techniques needed to make the more elaborate creatures. The first butterfly patterns use a simple wirework crossweave technique, which then morphs into 3-D patterns that transform beads into realistic-looking bugs.
Each section begins with a full-step-by step project including diagrams for the weave and construction of the beaded bug featured. The following projects work from the same template, with basic instructions and an easy to follow color chart for creating a new variation on the first design. With these basic templates, readers can create their own unique beaded bugs, whether inspired by nature or pure imagination.
Beaded Bugs is a small book, jammed packed with exciting inspirations for beading that you won’t see anywhere else. If you’re looking for a unique way to use your favorite beads, these projects will not disappoint. They can be used to make one-of-a-kind brooches and pins, decorations for floral arrangements, or unique ornaments.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Project of the Day
Beware, this Magical Sparkling Aqua Pendant is one of the most enchanting pieces you will ever create. Mount dazzling aqua beads six… Continue reading: "Magical Sparkling Aqua Pendant"
- Enter for your chance to win The Jewelry Recipe Book!
- Win a copy of Beaded Bugs!
- Bead Tube Jewelry
- Win a copy of Learn to Make Bead Jewelry with 35 Fabulous Projects!
- Chain and Bead Jewelry: Geometric Connections
- Vintage-Style Beaded Jewelry
- Handcrafted Wire Findings
- Rubber Band Loom Crafts
- Friendship Bracelets Beyond the Basics
- WIN How to Crochet Bead Tube Jewelry!
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Wire Wrapped Swirl Statement Necklace
- Diy Sparkly Chandelier Earrings
- Teardrop Tree Of Life Pendant
- Gemstone Hoop Necklace
- Diy Pearl And Filigree Leather Earrings
- Red And Gold Valentine Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Pineapple Bracelet With Glass Beads
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Drop Glass Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make Heart Earrings
- Beebeecraft Tutorials On How To Make A Wrapped Necklace
- 10 DIY Earrings, Chain Earrings, Metal Earrings, Wire Earrings, and More
- 12 Free Jewelry Projects to Make This Evening
- DIY Jewelry That Sparkles: 10 Crystal Jewelry Patterns!
- Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets
- How to Make a Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas
- How to Make a Ring: 9 Dazzling DIY Rings You'll Love
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!
- Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects
- Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts: 8 Free Jewelry Making Tutorials
- Upcycled Jewelry: 14 DIY Projects from Recycled Materials