20 Fabulous Macrame Bracelet Patterns
By: Kelly Spence, editor of AllFreeJewelryMaking
We are adding the project to your Jewelry Box.
The project was added to your Jewelry Box.
Macrame's not just for gaudy retro plant hangers anymore. It's summer's most sizzling jewelry trend! Get your hands on this effortless fashion fad with these 20 free macrame patterns we've collected. Nothing says easy breezy summer style like macrame bracelet patterns. Macrame bracelet patterns are so easy and require so few supplies, everyone can get in on the fun! All you need is some cord, string, rope, ribbon--anything you can tie into knots to create fabulous accessories. These macrame tutorials are so easy to follow, you'll be knotting up a whole armful of bracelets in no time. Make 'em and stack 'em; the more the merrier when it comes to macrame bracelets!
The best thing about these free macrame patterns is that no experience is required. You'll get the hang of the technique in no time at all, even if you've never worked with macrame bracelet patterns before. This is an activity even the kids can safely enjoy! (Check out our collection of 15 Free Friendship Bracelet Patterns for more fun macrame tutorials the kids will love.) We've got free macrame patterns for every trend and style in this collection.
If you liked these 14 Fabulous Macrame Bracelet Patterns, be sure to check out our How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns! free eBook for even more awesome macrame bracelet designs. Not only does this collection have new macrame bracelets to make, but it also includes string bracelet patterns, beaded bracelet patterns, wrap bracelets, and much more!
20 Fabulous Macrame Bracelet Patterns
- Arm Candy Square Knot Beaded Macrame Bracelets - One of our most popular macrame bracelet patterns, these sweet little beaded treats are quite the delight to make! This is a simple square knot pattern that you can whip up in one sitting. Make them in bright, candy-coated colors to get the full "arm candy" effect.
- Asymmetrical Macrame Bracelet - Bored with the same old macrame bracelet patterns? This design is one that's a step above the rest. It incorporates pretty pastel ribbon and dainty little knots for a more feminine take on traditional macrame. The lovely loops almost have a cosmic look, like rings around a planet!
- Colorful Leather Box Braid Bracelet - If you want a chunkier look, you've got to check out these box braid bracelets. Made from thick distressed leather cord in rich, vibrant colors, these bracelets have a nice feel in your hands. This macrame bracelet pattern is for a bolder look, so it's not for the faint of fashion!
- DIY Beaded Barefoot Jewelry - OK, so this isn't exactly a bracelet pattern, but we couldn't exclude these fierce beaded barefoot sandals from the collection! Making beaded barefoot jewelry is one of the newest summer jewelry trends and is a fun and flirty way to accessorize with flip flops.
- Lovely Lavender Macrame Bracelet - Macrame has never looked so sweet and feminine as with this precious purple bracelet pattern. The special thing about these macrame instructions is that they show you how to make a bracelet around a piece of wire, so you can preserve your piece for seasons to come.
- Inverted Square Knot Bracelet - These "inverted" bracelets are a simple topsy-turvy twist on your typical square knot macrame bracelet patterns. This version showcases the beads a bit more than the cord. It uses the same basic macrame techniques for a totally different effect.
- Shamballa Bracelet - Shamballa bracelets are taking the celebrity fashion world by storm, and now you can make your own! You don't have to "spend the cheese" to get the look with this simple tutorial. Ice out your wrists for less with this macrame bracelet pattern.
- Macrame Neon Nylon Cord - Wallflowers step away; this bracelet is a standout piece that is sure to attract attention. If you thought macrame tutorials were for your grandma's hammock, think again. This bold pattern uses cobra stitch and neon green cord for a fierce look that makes a statement.
- Ribbon and Rope Macrame - Give your macrame bracelet patterns a totally different look by using ribbon instead of hemp or cord! This pattern uses the same simple knotting techniques, but the thickness of the ribbon creates a totally unique look that is pretty and playful. Use bright colors to amp up the fun!
- Simple Square Knot Friendship Bracelets - Looking for free macrame patterns you and your friends can enjoy together? These simple square knot bracelets are so basic but so fun--the perfect activity for you and your BFF. Brightly colored pony beads take these a step above your typical string friendship bracelets.
If you love these simple and beautiful bracelet patterns, check out our eBook, Easy DIY Bracelet Designs: 14 Ways to Make Bracelets! You will easily learn how to create bracelets that you never thought you could make.
- Square Knot Leather Bracelet - This is classic macrame at its finest. Make this subtle, bohemian-style leather cord bracelet to layer with other summery bracelets for an eclectic vibe, or wear it alone for a more low-key look.
- Effortless Fishtail Friendship Bracelets - These DIY Bracelets are the perfect jewelry craft to make with your friends. Easy and effortless to make, you will have multiple friendship bracelets to give to your friends in no time.
- Summer Bracelets DIY - This tutorial is like three free macrame patterns in one, because it shows you how to use the same bracelet technique to achieve different looks simply by switching up the materials. Use leather cord for a more chic look or plastic cord if you're making them with the kids. All versions are equally cute!
- Washers and Macrame Bracelet - Learn how to incorporate hardware into your macrame bracelet patterns for an edgy effect with this tutorial. This is an Anthropologie knockoff that is as good as the real thing.
- Crystal Macrame Bracelet - Add some glimmer and shine to your macrame bracelets. Affordable and easy to make, these bracelets are for girls who love a little glam.
- Fancy Macrame Bracelet - Go a little metallic with this shiny bracelet. Make more than one and stack them on your wrist for a fancy and chic look.
- Half-Dollar Color Block Braclet - DIY jewelry crafting should not only be fun but thrifty as well. With this bracelet, you will have the best of both worlds: fun to make and budget-friendly.
- Marvelous Macrame Leather Bracelet - Sophisticated and stylish, these bracelets are a must for leather lovers. Even if you are a beginner, these DIY bracelets are easy enough to make for you to enjoy a leather bracelet as well.
- Metallic Macrame Bracelet - Add a little shimmer and glamour to your design to make a rock-star macrame bracelet with this tutorial.
- Studded Leather Macrame Bracelet - Go for a little edge with this studded macrame bracelet. It is sure to be a favorite as soon as you put it on.
BONUS! Check out this terrific Tie-Dye Macrame Necklace! Yes, that is right, macrame is not just for bracelets, but can be used to make fabulous necklaces as well.
Now that you have mastered the art of macrame, be sure to check out our other beginning DIY jewelry collections here: How to Make Jewelry: 103 Beginner DIY Jewelry Tutorials!
Your Recently Viewed Projects
Love these projects? Get MORE delivered to your Inbox – FREE Click Here!
- Beaded and Bejeweled Kumihimo Bracelet
- 20 Fabulous Macrame Bracelet Patterns
- Simple Celtic Heart Knot Necklace
- 20 Easy, Breezy Hemp Bracelet Patterns
- Zipper Macrame Bracelet Tutorial
- Crystal Blossom Necklace and Earrings
- Nautical Knot Necklace
- Bohemian Dyed Macrame Necklace
- Elegant and Earthy Knotted Necklace
- 15 Macrame Bracelet Patterns: How to Make Friendship Bracelets
- 10 DIY Earrings, Chain Earrings, Metal Earrings, Wire Earrings, and More
- How to Crochet Jewelry: 10 Free Crochet Patterns
- How to Make a Necklace: 8 Beaded DIY Necklace Ideas
- How to Make a Ring: 9 Dazzling DIY Rings You'll Love
- How to Make Friendship Bracelets: 12 Fun Friendship Bracelet Patterns!
- How to Wire Wrap Jewelry: 16 DIY Jewelry Wire Wrap Tutorials
- Jewelry Making for Beginners: 11 Beginner Jewelry Projects
- Making Beaded Jewelry: 11 Free Seed Bead Patterns and Projects
- Mother's Day Jewelry Gifts: 8 Free Jewelry Making Tutorials
- Upcycled Jewelry: 14 DIY Projects from Recycled Materials
Our Newest Projects & Articles
- Make Rubber Band Bracelets: 9 Rubber Band Loom Patterns
- Double Macrame Bracelet
- Marvelous Macrame Ring
- Triple Color Braided Macrame Bracelet
- Bold Braided Seed Bead Bracelet
- Bright and Beaded Macrame Bracelet
- How to Make Jewelry: 103 Beginner DIY Jewelry Tutorials
- Magical Crystal Necklace
- Serene Seashell DIY Pendant
- Seashell Cluster DIY Bracelet